What's new

Acca Kappa 1869: Tube Vs Tub

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think there is a bit of confusion regarding the Acca Kappa 1869 shaving creams. After I put this issue at the attention of Jim, we agreed it was better to write down a small explanation. Here it is. Acca Kappa is currently offering two completely different shaving creams. The first one is the old formulation in the tube, the second one is the new formulation in the bowl or tub. I think this is a unique case. All other brands offer the same product in different packages. This time we have two different shaving creams housed in two different packages and with the same name: “Acca Kappa 1869”. The new formulation is the one with lanolin and shea butter about which I posted an initial write up called “*NEW* Acca Kappa 1869” in the shaving cream review section, and the product that most B&B members seem to like. So please take this info in consideration, in order to avoid purchasing the wrong shaving cream and to avoid posting your review in the wrong place.

I think there is a bit of confusion regarding the Acca Kappa 1869 shaving creams. After I put this issue at the attention of Jim, we agreed it was better to write down a small explanation. Here it is. Acca Kappa is currently offering two completely different shaving creams. The first one is the old formulation in the tube, the second one is the new formulation in the bowl or tub. I think this is a unique case. All other brands offer the same product in different packages. This time we have two different shaving creams housed in two different packages and with the same name: “Acca Kappa 1869”. The new formulation is the one with lanolin and shea butter about which I posted an initial write up called “*NEW* Acca Kappa 1869” in the shaving cream review section, and the product that most B&B members seem to like. So please take this info in consideration, in order to avoid purchasing the wrong shaving cream and to avoid posting your review in the wrong place.

Informative post, Marco. Thanks:thumbup:

When I first posted a review for the tub I used the tube review not knowing that it was different until someone pointed out the list.

When I first posted a review for the tub I used the tube review not knowing that it was different until someone pointed out the list.

I read your review, and noted you made it clear you were talking about the tub version, so I ordered two tubs. I was appreciative you took the time to post a review.

Top Bottom