What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

The brushes have slid down the priority queue a bit. Currently I have been exploring another razor addition. Perhaps a Pal type injector razor, ATT version. Looking at a Gem blade type razor as well. Time will tell.
Gem blade type! Now you have my interest. Find a Streamline and see what it would take to clone that. Oh wait, I just happen to have a picture from my dream list:

streamline1.png

For the Gem type I was considering something where the blade sits in the base plate and the cap slides over it. or perhaps the head is solid and the gem blade just slides in from the side. Lastly, the blade is slid in from the top of the head. Kinda like toast in a toaster. This may sound strange to your guys but this is how my brain rambles around. In the end the idea is shared with Ray who works his CAD software magic and we are on our way.

Doesn't sound like rambling at all. There are proven designs using other blades that uses the same principals as your ideas. The SE community will appreciate whatever other SE ideas you come up with as we all are impressed with the SE series.

Thanks. The SE razor has been popular. I am glad a lot of guys are enjoying it. I should have an AL version out in around five weeks. Hopefully, it will be liked by many.

Yes, we keep our pricing very simple.
We do not charge more for a longer handle, open comb plates, slant heads etc.etc.
If you purchase a stainless razor form us it is $185.00 regardless of the many combinations there are. The AL DE razors are $96.00 and the AL SE1 is expected to be $96.00 as well.
I like simple.

I was responding to making an SE1 slant. this razor uses the very narrow and still artisan blades. Not to be confused with the "S" series double edge razor. The 'S' series could be made at anytime. Sorry for an confusion.

Not confusing at all Stan. Thanks for replying. I was referring to the standard double edge slant. I was just making sure that was still being made. Red base plate I believe I saw mentioned?

Slant SE would be very interesting. Not sure how it could be done with a very skinny and thick blade. However, you were the first with a production OC baseplate on your SE line and so a slant I am believing you would be the first ever since I have not seen a 3D rendering or prototype of one.

Not confusing at all Stan. Thanks for replying. I was referring to the standard double edge slant. I was just making sure that was still being made. Red base plate I believe I saw mentioned?

In production now is the SE1 in Al. We have not set up any pre orders yet on our site. It will have the same color cap and handle as the Calypso but the base plate will be a red color. It will be close to "Gillette Red tip" red if you know what I mean.

Slant SE would be very interesting. Not sure how it could be done with a very skinny and thick blade. However, you were the first with a production OC baseplate on your SE line and so a slant I am believing you would be the first ever since I have not seen a 3D rendering or prototype of one.

Yes, That would be true. If I am not careful I will have to many things going at once. However, it is very helpful to read what ideas are out there.

Just curious what the benefits of a Single Edge Slant razor would be? I thought one of the big reasons for a slant is the extra blade strength that comes with the design. A SE uses a much thicker blade already. Would there be more of an advantage to making it a slant?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom