What's new

A tale of two Tuckaways

Andon to answer your question, I have a Silver Big Fellow in Silver case with the narrower flat from 1928, also a Gold New Standard/Bostonian (no case) again from 1928 with the narrower flat.
I have a late Milady (Tuckaway style razor) on the way to me from 1929 it looks like this will have the narrower flat too.
All these have the rounded blunt posts/studs.

Thanks, Brian!
How do the rounded blunt posts/studs relate to flat's width? Are all rounded blunt posts/studs on razors with the narrow (late) baseplate?
:001_smile

Brian, from the photo bellow could you tell which type of posts/studs we have here:

attachment.php

Do you know if there is a New Standard, Bostonian or Big Fellow set with this same late baseplate?
To answer to the above, so that could possible help the future thread resurrectors. After a further research so far I have seen the following sets in the new head design:
- gold tuckaway set
- gold New Standart set
- silver Big Fellow set
- gold Milady Decollette set

I haven't seen any of the bellow in the new head design:
- Bostonian set
- Richwood set
- any traveller set

To answer to the above, so that could possible help the future thread resurrectors. After a further research so far I have seen the following sets in the new head design:
- gold tuckaway set
- gold New Standart set
- silver Big Fellow set

- Bostonian set
- Richwood set
- any traveller set

This is good information. I don't think anyone has posted a 13mm Big Fellow.

My updated list is as follows:

So far I have seen the following sets in the new head design:
- gold tuckaway set
- gold New Standard set
- silver New Standard set
- silver Big Fellow set

- Bostonian set
- Richwood set
- any traveller set

Those Tuckaways remind of a Gillette Somerset I lucked out upon this year. Nice razors and nice summary.

$image.jpg$image.jpg

This is one is made in Canada. My most beautiful set with it's fine intricate designs.

Last edited:
Thanks Edgar. As convenient as it is for travelling I would not travel with it as I don't want to loose it or have it stolen.

Top Bottom