What's new

A Steampunk Portrait Session

_DSC342197-copy.jpg
_DSC3195-copy.jpg
_DSC3123-copy.jpg
This year, to push myself, while broadening my portfolio, I'm doing themed shoots. Just finished a commissioned Goth shoot with an old friend and collared a former work colleague to do this one!

I like the first one best. The black and white treatment works for that photo and I like the far-off gaze. Only comment I might make is that it looks a little over sharpened, but it may be the light.

The light and fill flash were rather contrasty, and the lens is pretty sharp too - I'll peek at 100% thanks Mike!

The tones and gradients in that first shot are amazing. In the last one, the subject really pops, but not garishly, against a well-chosen background. Nice!

Thanks chaps!
Trim, the background was symbolic for the shoot. Sheena is a singer, who like myself, grew up in the Goth scene of Stoke on Trent. Our only Goth club was Chico's which is just behind the staircase. This is in our old bus station!

The bottom shot is downstairs at Chico's (obscure link to Yazoo album!)

_DSC3a115-2-copy.jpg
_DSC3110-copy.jpg

I like the top one of those two best. I like how the way she leans against the post is complimented by the angle of the staircase. Its a nice dynamic composition.

Top Bottom