What's new

A quick NYC pizza tutorial

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You guys in NYC are so lucky. We don't have a lot of Italians down here, so not many mom and pop joints like we did in Cleveland.

There was a nice, family Italian place on Bay St on Staten Island that I liked. Cannot remember the name. Would get their pizza nearly every time I visited my parents. Great subs, too. :001_tt1:

full

full

full

full

I think you know the place Jay, its right near that crazy BBQ guy.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Pretty nice home made effort. How did you manage to not burn the parchment paper at the required cooking temp?

New York Pizza is the best! We do have a joint down here in NC that does really well. I'm surprised at how well, they are very close to what I would call new york pizza. They even have great stromboli.
FRANK'S

That's alotta pizza! Speaking of alotta...we have alotta Italians here in my neck of the woods, but the make alotta muffulettas. And while that is cut into quarters...that is one sandwich!

Central+Grocery+Muffuletta.jpg

That's alotta pizza! Speaking of alotta...we have alotta Italians here in my neck of the woods, but the make alotta muffulettas. And while that is cut into quarters...that is one sandwich!

View attachment 764412
Muffulettas are my favorite! I grew up going to Mardi Gras in downtown Mobile and there was a place called the Back Porch that made awesome muffulettas. Always looked forward to Fat Tuesday just for this meal.

Muffulettas are my favorite! I grew up going to Mardi Gras in downtown Mobile and there was a place called the Back Porch that made awesome muffulettas. Always looked forward to Fat Tuesday just for this meal.

They certainly are tasty! Last year I decided to eat a whole muffuletta in one sitting. That was a bad idea!

I'm starting to think that I live on the wrong coast now! Those pizzas in the article look absolutely delicious!

strop

Now half as wise
Meh, I'd put STL pizza up against NYC pizza any day.

If you are talking about IMO'S then I will have to disagree. Lived there 27 years and could never get it:001_unsur. My sons, who were born there, though, can handle it. Must be something in the water!:001_smile

If you are talking about IMO'S then I will have to disagree. Lived there 27 years and could never get it:001_unsur. My sons, who were born there, though, can handle it. Must be something in the water!:001_smile

No. Imos is ok. I'm talking about Angelos in Black Jack.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's alotta pizza! Speaking of alotta...we have alotta Italians here in my neck of the woods

No you don't. They're not Italian because they don't live in NYC. Where I'm from, we don't even consider guys from Napoli or Firenza to be Italian.

Top Bottom