What's new

A little Black Tip SS help if you please

I recently got an Aluminium Black Tip Super Speed W3 and am a bit baffled by it. The doors open smoothly by turning the whole handle and not the tip like all the other Super Speeds. I've searched a bit but have seen no mention of this oddity. Is this normal or do I have a freeze somewhere?

I recently got an Aluminium Black Tip Super Speed W3 and am a bit baffled by it. The doors open smoothly by turning the whole handle and not the tip like all the other Super Speeds. I've searched a bit but have seen no mention of this oddity. Is this normal or do I have a freeze somewhere?

That is not what should be happening . it should be the tip of the razor only turning

Try soaking it in mineral oil to lubricate the internal parts, and then try securing the handle to the razor head by twisting it. I believe it is threaded and it should tighten up. After soaking in mineral oil the lower tip end of the handle should work free and turn and thus open the silo doors on the head of the razor. I got a 52 black tip in an auction and had to clean and lubricate it real good because it was all gummed up and the twisting mechanism was just about froze. Works great now and it's one of my favorite razors.
Good luck.
Clayton:biggrin:

Top Bottom