What's new

507c Virginia Flake - Thoughts?

I tried landing a pound of SG Full Virginia Flake but couldn't find it anywhere. Found 507c Virginia Flake. Couldn't resist at the price and bought two pounds to cellar and see how it ages.

How does 507c compare to FVF?

Price, you're just the chap I was about to PM. You own the world market supply of FVF, what's the scoop on why it's sold out everywhere? I've checked every unknown and major retailer and can't find it anywhere.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It sounds like 507 is quite a bright and mild VA. It should be great with some age, but I have a feeling that it won't be anything like FVF. From reviews, it sounds like a great bright-leaf VA though.

Price, you're just the chap I was about to PM. You own the world market supply of FVF, what's the scoop on why it's sold out everywhere? I've checked every unknown and major retailer and can't find it anywhere.
I wish I did. I've got a little more than a pound in the war chest.

Not sure why, but this isn't the first time. There have been a couple gaps in production over the last few years, and once one retailer runs out there seems to be a mad rush like it's the end of the world. It may be a few months, but it'll start showing up again eventually.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
SG is a small operation, and many of their products are out of stock with big retailers for a while. It'll come back in stock; just sign up for the email alerts.

My instincts felt that too, so glad we're on the same thoughts. Sad to wonder but I pondered even the big boys hoarding back the top buys like FVF and 1792 Flake purposely to not sell it during their one day or weekend annual sale for IPSD.

Top Bottom