What's new

4th Annual NYC Potlatch **spring update**

I'd come down the 26th. I am new to this forum and am looking to meet some members. I am young but being that we all have a shared hobby, that would definitely make good conversation :) Don't really have anything to trade though :/ Maybe I'll buy something to trade. If that makes sense?

Who would make it Friday night? If you do, would you still make Saturday?

Two days sounds like fun, but not if it splits the party in half both days.

For those of us who work in or near Manhattan, Friday night is easy, but it's not as easy for most of the crew.

Friday night sounds good to me... However, I believe you're right; it could split the event.
I've been meaning to catch a band that I haven't seen in a while, Susquehanna Industrial Tool and Die. They're really cool.
Maybe we create a different get-together on one of these dates:
Upcoming shows! *Jan. 31st at Otto's Shrunken Head *Feb. 13th at Rodeo Bar *Feb. 28th at Otto's Shrunken Head *March 13th at Rodeo Bar

Last edited:
I really wish I could go, but it's not in the cards. I'm definitely saving up some cash for the fall get-together. I'm also going to make sure that my I'm not taking any classes that weekend.

Time for the pen and firearm enthusiasts to put together an agenda.

Did I say firearms? In NYC? Maybe next time we take a trip to the continent. ;)

Seems like what's been proposed so far looks something like:
10 am Pasteur's
11:30 Haggis
Pen & tell for afters

Oh! and let's get a headcount for our haggis reservation.

Last edited:
Hey guys - I'm a law student on long island, and I've never been to Pasteur's so i'm going to try to make it Saturday. However, being a law student, I often have no free time whatsoever - so i'll try to confirm or back out for sure by mid-week.

Thanks for the trouble of putting this together!

You can count me in, but I need a little more color on the whereabouts post-Pasteurs. I had no idea there was a place in Manhattan one could still get haggis...

Our "foot overnight & tomorrow" ended up with me waking up to a foot and a half of snow on the ground & I could barely see. We're over 2ft now. Have fun with your blizzard!

And the little one said to the big one....

Hate to cancel a meet on such short notice, but someone has to say it.

We're at 2 or 3 and a couple of maybes. I'll make it easy and cancel too. So...

The meet is officially cancelled postponed until spring.

Anyone that wants to meet unofficially, feel free to carry on in this thread.

The January date's always been a bit of trouble. Now that we've missed one, we'd be better served doing meets in like April/May and October.

Top Bottom