What's new

$300 for my dream Meerschaum...which carver or where do I look?

I don't mind at all...I covet any and all information I can gather, doesn't matter if I ask the question or not! I will certainly share my opinion of the Altinok when it arrives (scheduled for tomorrow!!!) and share photos but all I have to compare it to is my Strambach...

I will hold off until I hear more from your experience. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone here own a tekin meer? They look pretty nice and are priced very competitively. Curious how they compare to the other makers (imp, altinok, baki)

Hey Mark...good question. I want to know what you guys think of Tekin's work as well. Looking at Meerschaumstore.com I'm seeing some really nice classic shapes I would like for ~ $150. What do ya'll think?

... I don't think I have anywhere I can look at high quality meers in person around here.
Not that they have a lot to see/handle, but the guy that was manning the Pipe counter in the CI Superstore in Hamburg (was a big/tall dude) had meerschaum madness. He would definitely be a good guy to talk to.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I believe @Bladeboy has a Tekin meer, so hopefully he'll weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I believe @Bladeboy has a Tekin meer, so hopefully he'll weigh in.

@Blade Boy - that was my thought, too

On edit- the mention seems to have worked. I like the new software- if you type a few characters and wait a second, then peoples' usernames pop up and can be selected.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Seems like every day I'm discovering cool details about the new software.
I know there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth (heck, even I stopped flapping my lips so much for a bit), but the new SW seems pretty nice. It just took a little getting used to.

UPS just delivered my Altinok LVC!!!!! But my hands are incredibly dirty at the moment, doing yard work. Will have pictures soon

BC 536...now marked with the big SOLD on the image. :D I hope she's a good one, I want to try to devote my smoking attention to one meerschaum and really see what kind of character I can give it.

I was going back and forth between that one and the horn, but ultimately figured I'd be more comfortable with a more traditional shape.

Top Bottom