What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

I thought that one was going disappear from the box quickly. I'm honestly surprised it was still there for you to try. For some reason it didn't get the attention it deserves. I know I have it in my shave den and several backups put aside myself since I don't want to be without it.

It lathered so beautifully. I guess noone wanted to remove the over wrap. But hey if I didn't take it I was just going to re-wrap with saran wrap.

I thought that one was going disappear from the box quickly. I'm honestly surprised it was still there for you to try. For some reason it didn't get the attention it deserves. I know I have it in my shave den and several backups put aside myself since I don't want to be without it.

I have SEVERAL year's worth of AoSt Sandalwood. Otherwise I would have taken it. I like it so much that it is my control lather for comparing other soaps. I planned on adding it to the box until I saw it was already there.

Well crap...now I am going to have to find some. I have noticed in other threads that the has been VERY LITTLE negative comments on the tallow based AoS soap. It is definitely more expensive than it was a year or two ago, but it seems that it is still available to be had.

Well crap...now I am going to have to find some. I have noticed in other threads that the has been VERY LITTLE negative comments on the tallow based AoS soap. It is definitely more expensive than it was a year or two ago, but it seems that it is still available to be had.

Not all of it, just a flavor or two, and hard to find. If you see it, just click the add to cart button and max out what it allows you to add.

Someone must have stumbled upon and bought a storage unit of the soap last year. That's the only explanation I can think of where they all came from. I suspect it was the final run of the Valobra version of the soap that they had no boxes for so they couldn't sell it retail. Before these came out they were selling for as high as $50 a puck on Ebay. It really is a great soap and a puck lasts a really long time. Performance wise it's pretty much the same as the hard Valobra soaps. The Valobra soaps fall short for me as they have a clay type scent to them that with the sandlewood AOS version is beautifully covered up. It's the very best Valobra soap made in my opinion.

Send me your address via PM Don and I'll send you one the next time I get to the post office. I picked up like six or eight ( I think eight) of them when they were on sale so I have more than I'll likely ever use considering all of the other soaps I have on hand as well as the new ones I keep discovering.

Someone must have stumbled upon and bought a storage unit of the soap last year. That's the only explanation I can think of where they all came from. I suspect it was the final run of the Valobra version of the soap that they had no boxes for so they couldn't sell it retail. Before these came out they were selling for as high as $50 a puck on Ebay. It really is a great soap and a puck lasts a really long time. Performance wise it's pretty much the same as the hard Valobra soaps. The Valobra soaps fall short for me as they have a clay type scent to them that with the sandlewood AOS version is beautifully covered up. It's the very best Valobra soap made in my opinion.

Send me your address via PM Don and I'll send you one the next time I get to the post office. I picked up like six or eight ( I think eight) of them when they were on sale so I have more than I'll likely ever use considering all of the other soaps I have on hand as well as the new ones I keep discovering.

David...your kindness overflows! Not necessary...but appreciated.

I received the box yesterday gents...and I am supper impressed by the quality and reputation of soaps in it. Most often these passaround boxes where you take something a put something in have a couple good things and then everything else is average or half used or just not good at all. This box is something different. There are some really good soaps in there. Some of the brands I have tried, others I have not. Others I only know from reputation. It is really going to be hard to pick just one or two...I am sure.

I received the box yesterday gents...and I am supper impressed by the quality and reputation of soaps in it. Most often these passaround boxes where you take something a put something in have a couple good things and then everything else is average or half used or just not good at all. This box is something different. There are some really good soaps in there. Some of the brands I have tried, others I have not. Others I only know from reputation. It is really going to be hard to pick just one or two...I am sure.

It's a nice problem to have ;)

Hey folks, due to some upcoming travel and life things, I'm moving myself to the bottom of the list, let me know if that creates any issues, thanks!

UPDATED LIST (2/10/17):
0. dfoulk
1. Ashcampbell - complete
2. sskim3 - complete
3. Rockclimber - complete
4. oteixeira - complete
5. Kaidoh - complete
6. NickMach007 - complete
7. Nyquistrate - complete
8. InNae - complete
9. Hanover - complete
10. bobmsp - In Possession
12. Blaidth
13. dangerousdon
13. FreshVintage
14. back to dfoulk for cleanup

Alright fellow B&B'rs...please be patient with me. I received the 2nd Round Soap Passaround box on the same day I received box 2 of the Soap Sample Passaround. To top it off, I am working a Mardi Gras detail over this weekend and next week I am going to Atlants for a few days with work. I am trying to balance both of these boxes and work all at the same time. I want to keep the threads going, but I may be sporadic in my posting.

Okay...I think this is the current list. I had to go back a few pages to find it. But here it is!

UPDATED LIST (2/24/17):
0. dfoulk
2. sskim3 - complete
4. oteixeira - complete
5. Kaidoh - complete
8. InNae - complete
9. Hanover - complete
10. bobmsp - complete
12. Blaidth - complete
13. dangerousdon - holding
13. FreshVintage

Alright fellow B&B'rs...please be patient with me. I received the 2nd Round Soap Passaround box on the same day I received box 2 of the Soap Sample Passaround. To top it off, I am working a Mardi Gras detail over this weekend and next week I am going to Atlants for a few days with work. I am trying to balance both of these boxes and work all at the same time. I want to keep the threads going, but I may be sporadic in my posting.

Okay...I think this is the current list. I had to go back a few pages to find it. But here it is!

UPDATED LIST (2/24/17):
0. dfoulk
2. sskim3 - complete
4. oteixeira - complete
5. Kaidoh - complete
8. InNae - complete
9. Hanover - complete
10. bobmsp - complete
12. Blaidth - complete
13. FreshVintage
Looks like you'll just have to start shaving twice a day ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

UPDATED LIST (2/24/17):
0. dfoulk
2. sskim3 - complete
4. oteixeira - complete
5. Kaidoh - complete
8. InNae - complete
9. Hanover - complete
10. bobmsp - complete
12. Blaidth - complete
13. FreshVintage

Do your best - we all understand that life gets in the way of shaving sometimes.

I will volunteer to hold on to the sample pass box #3 a little longer to give you some space to get caught up on both of these. It will be a sacrifice, but I'll manage ;)

Yeah, Christian the sacrifice you're making here is surely appreciated by all.

Seriously though, just keep the reviews coming. Box three has some really great soaps in it.

It's good to have you back my friend.

Top Bottom