What's new

2017 release announcements

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Working now. I am psyched. El Dorado butterscotch. Looks tasty enough to eat.

captp

Ken, I sounds to me like an item will not be reserved until you click on the payment tab. I.e. if it's in your cart and you hit payment, THEN it will be reserved. But that could be totally wrong.
So to be safe, don't try to add multiple items to the cart, buy it immediately, then go back to try for another. It's what I'll do if I decide I want a second brush.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Will there be fan and bulb knots in each style and color?

More or less. So far we've ordered about 2/3 semi-bulbs and 1/3 fans. Given the way brushes sell out, we really aren't able to do any meaningful analytics on relative demand.

Right now there are 12 styles that get spread across 4 sizes (24 mm, 26 mm, 28 mm, and 30 mm) and about 20 materials. Although all 12 styles aren't made in all sizes and materials, the number or permutations is still big (easily over 200, probably more than 300). Adding choices of knot shapes (and other knot-related attributes), it becomes practically impossible to offer every combination.

I shrewdly put Cody in charge of production scheduling, so that's off my back. Now he has to manage me, and that ain't easy.

Truth is, we try to be thoughtful about what we choose to make, but the process is still largely ad hoc.

captp

Ivory Tut or Butterscotch El Dorado
They are both so Beautiful.
Decisions Decisions
:badger::badger::badger::badger:

captp

Well I missed out on both of my choices. Keeps me in the Sabbatical for at least another couple of weeks
:a14:

captp

On the bright side, I can afford an Uber home tonight. All of 4 blocks, but I don't want to slog through the snow:a14:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Not arrogant, but had a hunch this one would blow out fast. All six styles included were new (never before released) and just a few of each. We were excited, but part of me also dreaded it.

Congrats another successful sellout, Ken. I predict that within five years demand will have been met and it will take 15 minutes to sell out! :001_rolle

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Congrats another successful sellout, Ken. I predict that within five years demand will have been met and it will take 15 minutes to sell out! :001_rolle

We really didn't plan on this. I thought it would take a few months to work through backed up demand from the periods when we didn't sell any brushes, but we're past that. In almost every release the majority of brushes have gone to first-time buyers. That's good to see. We greatly appreciate repeat customers (think of them more as patrons), but we also want to contribute to building the community. "Paladin" was a purposeful choice of name.

Top Bottom