What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

Well my beloved Packers let me down. I am still a Philly fan at heart, so the explosives were hurled and the channel was changed with the Packers down 10-0 and the Falcons driving... :001_rolle

That being said, I am looking forward to this Super Bowl. Definitely an interesting matchup although I think I need to side with the Pats. As my dad often tells me, old age and treachery beats youth and skill. I think that sentiment favors the Pats, but I hope the Falcons can give them a challenge

Sunday is stacked up for some great ball! My favorite team vs. my least favorite team (I think it will be within a field goal in the AFC game).

I'm predicting the GB/Atlanta game to be the most incredible throwing game of the century. Matty Ice and Rodgers are just on fire.

May the best teams win!

Well, I honestly believed in every word I typed. I wasn't holding any bias that the Steelers were going to win (I hoped they would though) but man.......... Both games were gong shows. Pats and Falcons deserved every bit of their wins. GB and Pittsburgh secondaries? LOL to that.

All that said, I'm no bandwagoner. Football is over for me. Until next year, all. Here We Go Steelers!

Last edited:
I guess Tomlin was right about what kind of guys the Pats are...they were not very nice to the visiting team.

Game on!!!!

So, after the offensive displays NE and Atlanta put on yesterday, does anyone else think the SB is going to be something along the lines of 17-14?

Nah, I'm thinking 2-0. And I don't think there's ever been a Super Bowl that I cared less who wins.

I'm torn with this years Super Bowl. On one hand I want to root for Atlanta to see them win their first Super Bowl. On the other hand I would like to see Brady win his fifth. I'm not a big fan of the Patriots (speaking as a NY Giants fan!), but I like Brady as a player and it would be cool to see him win #5.

I'm torn with this years Super Bowl. On one hand I want to root for Atlanta to see them win their first Super Bowl. On the other hand I would like to see Brady win his fifth. I'm not a big fan of the Patriots (speaking as a NY Giants fan!), but I like Brady as a player and it would be cool to see him win #5.
+1

The Falcons coulda won it. But the Patriots outplayed them. As much as it pains me to say it, that was an impressive performance. Damn that hurts. :-(

Guys, I have been watching AFL (terminology intentional) football since I was four or five years old. Long enough to watch my long suffering K.C. Chiefs win the Super bowl in 69/70. And nothing since. Just at 50 years now. I will be 54 in May. I have watched them all. Knoll, Coryell, Landry, the 49 ' ers dynasty, Shula, all of them. Stauback, Bradshaw, Montana, Manning, Elway, again, all of them.

Belichick and Brady are the best I have seen. Period. I don't want to hear the cheater crap or any other excuses. They did all this in the era of free agency. That team has been rebuilt half a dozen times and they keep winning. Now the biggest comeback in history of post season play. And Tom Brady looked as cool as Joe Montana doing it. Again, as as fan of a cursed NFL franchise, I wish my team was managed like this one. Well done Pats. You are the absolute best ever.

Top Bottom