What's new

2012 B&B LE Fountain Pen**Closed**

If this is anything like the first B&B LE (which, being an Edison, I'm sure it will be), it's an amazing value for a pen that can easily cost much more than $175.00. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of owning an Edison pen should jump on this...you won't regret it!

Sorry to say I am out:sad: The hail event last week has wiped me out. Two totaled cars, my sons truck with 5400 in damage and my 3 month old roof will have to be replaced(another deductible). Everyone who gets one enjoy it!!!

Tom

If this is anything like the first B&B LE (which, being an Edison, I'm sure it will be), it's an amazing value for a pen that can easily cost much more than $175.00. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of owning an Edison pen should jump on this...you won't regret it!

This is 100% accurate. Advice you can take to the bank. (just a figure of speech, don't actually take this to the bank, i'm sure they won't care)

Some Pics next to some popular pens

Esterbrook

$HPIM1182.jpg

A "51" !!
$HPIM1183.jpg

Duofold "Big Red"
$HPIM1184.jpg

In size wise I find it comparable to my "Big Red". In comparison to a M800 I find the Pel although well balanced, feels unwieldy next to the Herald Grande. YMMV

Thanks, Brian. I don't have a Big Red, but it's interesting to hear that you find the M800 unwieldy in comparison to this LE. It's a beautiful pen and a great price, but I just can't decide whether it would be too large for my preferences. I'm finding that I hesitate to use my Collier, in part because of its size, and if the Herald Grande is larger, I'm just really hesitant. But I can't stop coming back to it, several times throughout the day ... Does Lou have any room on the fence?

Do you have a 800 ?

No. I've got a vintage 400 and a 140. I've also test driven a current production M400 and M600. After sampling those two, I knew I wouldn't want to go bigger than the M400 as the M600 was larger than I like (it was barely okay, though) and I didn't bother trying the M800. Maybe I need to head back to the shop if the M800 is a pretty close comparison in size ...

No. I've got a vintage 400 and a 140. I've also test driven a current production M400 and M600. After sampling those two, I knew I wouldn't want to go bigger than the M400 as the M600 was larger than I like (it was barely okay, though) and I didn't bother trying the M800. Maybe I need to head back to the shop if the M800 is a pretty close comparison in size ...

I'll dig mine out and do a pic

Brian... If I remember correctly, you like parker Vac's. Is that so. If so this pen is 1.5 time as long and twice the girth

Brian... If I remember correctly, you like parker Vac's. Is that so. If so this pen is 1.5 time as long and twice the girth

Thanks, Brian! Don't worry about extra photos unless it's helpful for others. I'd buy you a beer if I was up in NJ. I think there's enough for me to make a decision. The Vac comparison is quite helpful as those are among my favorite. A standard sized vac is about perfect for me. So, that's an especially helpful comparison ...

I think that this would be a great idea for a thread: everybody can pick whatever kind of pen they can think of and see if Brian can post a picture of it with the LE pen. I wonder how long it will take before we stump him? I bet that we would have a pretty long thread on our hands.

I think that this would be a great idea for a thread: everybody can pick whatever kind of pen they can think of and see if Brian can post a picture of it with the LE pen. I wonder how long it will take before we stump him? I bet that we would have a pretty long thread on our hands.

I don't believe Brian is a Montblanc man. I don't think he has a 146.

Round 1: TWSBI 540 :dots:

Thanks, Brian. I don't have a Big Red, but it's interesting to hear that you find the M800 unwieldy in comparison to this LE. It's a beautiful pen and a great price, but I just can't decide whether it would be too large for my preferences. I'm finding that I hesitate to use my Collier, in part because of its size, and if the Herald Grande is larger, I'm just really hesitant. But I can't stop coming back to it, several times throughout the day ... Does Lou have any room on the fence?

There's always room on the fence!

Top Bottom