What's new

2012 B&B LE Fountain Pen**Closed**

When Jim say's it's on the road, he was being nice. It's here in Jersey, Westfield area. Any jersians want to see it.... I can be bought for the price if a couple of beers. Mini Meetup?

proxy.php

Here is a side by side with the Glenmont.

I just put in my order.
The ebonite (in any colour) is a fantastic material.
It's very nice in the hand.

A job well done! :thumbup1:

Great opportunity to get a wonderful gift for the father or fathers in our life. Thanks gents.

So the section is longer as well. This is encouraging! Here's a better comparison.

Attachments

• $section.jpg
    $section.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 246
Thanks to those that have provided various avenues for comparison of the size. I have a Collier (purchased from the Goulets) and the video/photos from the Goulets were quite helpful. I wish I was still up in New Jersey and could go for a little road trip to check it out ...

Another review I found helpful was this one. There are some comparison photos down towards the end of the review itself. From the photos showing some comparisons, it looks about like it's between a Pelikan M800 and M1000.

I'm glad that there is some time to make a decision on this one. The pen looks great and the price is excellent. I'm just a bit nervous that it's too big for me. I'm more accustomed to the size of vintage pens, which are probably "small" by standard sizes today. A vintage Pelikan 400 is about as big as I like to go, which does concern me if this LE would be comparable to an M800 or M1000. Decisions, decisions ...

Last edited:
In size wise I find it comparable to my "Big Red". In comparison to a M800 I find the Pel although well balanced, feels unwieldy next to the Herald Grande. YMMV

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
In size wise I find it comparable to my "Big Red". In comparison to a M800 I find the Pel although well balanced, feels unwieldy next to the Herald Grande. YMMV

I am going back to safety razors. I have no idea what you just said Brian. Plus we have Lou talking about the size of his pen, you guys thought my Bigfoot post was bad. :lol:

But I am sure it will look very nice with my 2011. I will be placing an order. :thumbup:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Its a big pen, but it feels very nice in the hand!! Eye-dropper filled, I think it may last for a very long time!!!
Ordered mine, now the wait begins....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think that beautiful pen might be bigger than I am! (or at least weigh more when filled!)

In the OP, the shipping date is set for 6/1/2011....

Also, for those of us who prefer not to use Paypal, are there other payment options??...I can send a bank check, money order, etc. If not, I'll close my eyes and use the Ppal.

Thanks. Great looking pen, it does remind me of pens from the 'golden age' of FP's.

For those who don't want to use Paypal, you can actually go buy a prepaid Visa gift card and load that info into Paypal, I think. Don't quote me on it.

Wow- jumping in in a big way :001_smile She is a beauty

Great way to start into fountain pens. You won't be disappointed. The only potential problem is that you'll be spoiled.

Thanks, and truly, I am very excited. When the Benevolent Badger Blue ink became available, I ordered some because I knew I'd come across a pen that I wanted. This pen looks great! I'll be excited to tell SWMBO what I'm receiving for Father's day. She'll like that because she won't have to worry about it.

In the OP, the shipping date is set for 6/1/2011....

Also, for those of us who prefer not to use Paypal, are there other payment options??...I can send a bank check, money order, etc. If not, I'll close my eyes and use the Ppal.

Thanks. Great looking pen, it does remind me of pens from the 'golden age' of FP's.

You have a pm inbound-

We would really prefer Paypal for the group buy if at all possible. That being said, we don't want someone to miss out on the group buy because they are unable to use Paypal.

proxy.php

PM sent!

My first B&B LE pen :)

Any chance for advice on the nib?
Is the medium a 'fine medium' or a 'broad medium'?
I like my medium a bit fine-ish.

Top Bottom