What's new

1956 Serial Toggle Nickel Plated

I don't miss it.. That thing got me two 10/8+ sheffield straights plus the price of full on restos, and a lot more. It was basically a war chest I took with me to auctions. I was probably able to get the $ equivalent of 3x the sale price in value items.

You did great. You shouldn't miss it. It will take years for the average price of serial toggles to make it up to $5000.

Yikes.. I did not think you were so off base like this. Please do some reading Glenn.. I understood that the Gillette serial toggle you won on e-bay last year came from Milw. I am correct, yes i am..? If your not trying to insult people and states, then don't use 'backwater' terms here on BB. Backwater is is not a professional term to be used here. I am sure the Cap would have not approved and had you walk the plank on this one... Glenn with all due respect, i see your Avitar is a Badger and thought you represented the state of Wisconsin as Wisconsin is the Badger state and the big ten team the UW badgers. We all live in various states such as yours Glenn that have far far more issues than WI, as we all know. I am not from Wis, but know many fine people there. As far as NFL Football Goes, You are surprised there is a NFL team there? They founded the game as we know it. Double Yikes..:w00t: I cannot believe what i a am Hearing..well then again.....Now on to Business and wet shaving passion and Toggles as what is to be conducted here..

I remember when I bought my 1st Toggle 5 years ago for 60 bucks.....now it's worth an average of 300..triple yikes :laugh:

Without fail, I always rip myself up good with toggles and fatboys. It's just about the only shaving object I have that issue with. It's probably why I don't get overly attached to them.

Without fail, I always rip myself up good with toggles and fatboys. It's just about the only shaving object I have that issue with. It's probably why I don't get overly attached to them.

Yeah I can see that. I find they are not as good of shavers for me as slants so that's what I use. I love to collect the Gillette adjustables though.

The thing that annoys me about the more arched out tto head gillette made is you never have full confidence or feel for the blade vs the later slim/sa style head which has utterly predictable manners.

The thing that annoys me about the more arched out tto head gillette made is you never have full confidence or feel for the blade vs the later slim/sa style head which has utterly predictable manners.

I prefer the 1st made Slims or Fatties.

The cost engineered 80s super adjustable with the diamond knurl is my favorite razor gillette ever made. The cheapness of the head, and the general slop gives it a huge amount of feedback. The balance is also incredibly good.

I thought Kcb the buyer you had for this Serial toggle as i look back, had 5k for lunch money and gave you no hassles? Just asked for it to be shipped overnight and you did so. I think you miss it now.. Common Man..

Paid right away. No. I got cooler stuff to replace it:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Congrats Glenn and Cap on another beautiful cleanup. It's risk takers like you that help us keep gaining more insight on these old razors.

On a side note, I have noticed that several of these serial toggles are missing a black ring on the handle. Mine has both, but one of them is split.

Cap, do you think these rings are identical to the ring on a regular fat boy? It seems very close to me. I feel like sacrificing a fat boy to make one of these whole again would be worth it. Sure it wouldn't be original, but I don't see any harm in it.

Congrats Glenn and Cap on another beautiful cleanup. It's risk takers like you that help us keep gaining more insight on these old razors.

On a side note, I have noticed that several of these serial toggles are missing a black ring on the handle. Mine has both, but one of them is split.

Cap, do you think these rings are identical to the ring on a regular fat boy? It seems very close to me. I feel like sacrificing a fat boy to make one of these whole again would be worth it. Sure it wouldn't be original, but I don't see any harm in it.

I think the razor could be taken apart, cleaned, and the ring crimped smaller before reassembly.

Gee, if we only knew someone that did that kinda stuff? :001_smile

The best part about this thread (and B&B as a whole) is that we can all discuss matters and maintain our gentlemanly composure. You guys are a solid group of people who I would take pleasure in meeting in person and just sitting around BS'ing with. Thank you all for everything! Coming soon: the toggle with the exposed indicator spring!!!

Top Bottom