What's new

Mama Bear's Morning Cup Shaving Soap

Review of Mama Bear's Glycerin Shaving Soap in the "Morning Cup scent"

Item Description

Packaging:
IMG_20170304_161930165.jpg
Mama Bear’s Shaving Soaps are 5 oz and can be ordered as a puck, in a plastic tub, or with the Mama Bear wooden tub (as shown in the pictures). The cellophane wrapper features a bright and clear label and comes off easily enough.

Scent:
I picked the Morning Cup scent as I am a bit of a coffee fanatic and had not had the opportunity to try a coffee scented soap as of yet. This is a nice a strong scent that you can smell while you load up your brush and work up a lather. I could still smell the coffee while applying lather for the first pass, but it faded out after that (as most shaving soaps do).

Mama Bear Soaps describes the Morning Cup scent as “A deep, rich coffee that reminds you of the first sniff of a freshly opened can of coffee or a fresh brewed pot of deep, rich Columbian Coffee.. coffee.. nothing but coffee.. to die for!”

While I agree with the description, I could smell a chicory undertone as well… and I loved it! One of my favorite coffee memories is a chicory coffee blend after visiting with a friend in New Orleans. This is strong scent without being overpowering. A great scent for a slower morning shave.

Soap Puck:
IMG_20170304_162105938.jpg
As mentioned above the soap is 5 oz and is sold as a puck, in a plastic tub, or with the Mama Bear wooden tub. This is a glycerin soap, so it is quite a bit harder than a lot of the other artisan soaps on the market. As such, it takes a little more effort to load up a shaving brush. A quick tip, let the puck sit with some standing water on it while you take your shower and it will help load your brush much quicker.

Lathering:
IMG_20170318_125251608_HDR.jpg
Due to being a glycerin based soap, it takes a little more work to load your shaving brush. That being said, the glycerin base creates a very slick lather that provides an excellent shave. The glycerin base has an added benefit of being very moisturizing for your skin, great for folks in dry climates.

Ingredients:
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower , Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soybean protein (conditioner), Wheat protein and fragrance either natural or synthetic.

Mama Bear soaps provide a very slick lather and a great shave. The harder puck will last you a long time and the glycerin is great for people with dry skin. If you are a coffee fanatic like myself, check out the Morning Cup Shave Soap. I would have no problem recommending Mama Bear’s shaving soap to another wet shaver.

Have a great day and a smooth shave!

Item information

Added by
MattCB
Views
Last update

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

Top Bottom