What's new

Review: Eddie's Barber, Prague

I have just had 5 wonderful days in Prague (my first visit to the city), and during my stay there, I decided to pamper myself with a traditional hot towel shave at Eddie’s Barber.

It was a really nice experience, from entering the barber shop with its wooden plank floor and large industrial type lights that gives the shop a very nice rustic feel – a real man cave.
I had booked time through their website, and when I arrived and my booking was confirmed, I was offered a variety of drinks while waiting for the shave.
I don’t speak Czech, but luckily they speak good English at Eddie’s.

My barber was Petr and he gave me a fantastic shave.
He started with massaging some oil into my skin, then applied the hot towel and while I was just relaxing and enjoying the warm feeling, I could sense Petr whipping up the lather – Proraso Sandalwood :001_smile
He applied the lather in painting motions and then went for the shave. It was a confident and firm shave but at the same time quite gentle and very comfortable.
Then a warm towel to wipe my face clean – loved it :biggrin1:
The shave was finished by a choice of cologne or balm, and I went for the Proraso balm which was massaged into the skin and left me with a nice smooth feeling.
Then I had a singeing of my hairs on the ears, this was a first for me, but fun to try.
It was all a very nice experience, and I left the shop with a big smile on my face.
The shave took approximate 30 minutes.

If any of you Gentlemen ever come to Prague, I can highly recommend a visit to Eddie’s Barber.
It is a very nice barber shop, very nice people, and very reasonable priced.
The shop is only a 5-6 minute walk from the metro station Náměstí Míru, or even closer from tram 16’s stop, about 2 minutes walk.

PS. Before you ask; no, I didn't pay attention to the gear used, I was just enjoying it :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you elaborate a little more on the ear hair singeing bit??

It means the barber sets fire to a very small torch or very big Q-tip and then waves (my best explanation of it) the flame over the ears thus burning the hair.
It sounds worse or more dangerous than it is, I only felt a slight warmth around the ears, he kept the main flame in a distance from the head and he had everything under control, it actually looked quite cool :001_smile

Fantastic, thanks for the tip, heading to Prague in three weeks for 60th birthday celebration and to drink the no longer imported great Staropramen Pivo (beer). This will be on my calendar for my birthday!

Haha..many great memories of Staropramen..including a (easy) visit to the brewery in Prague. Didn't know it was now unobtanium beer here..had found it round and about.

I have just had 5 wonderful days in Prague (my first visit to the city), and during my stay there, I decided to pamper myself with a traditional hot towel shave at Eddie’s Barber.

It was a really nice experience, from entering the barber shop with its wooden plank floor and large industrial type lights that gives the shop a very nice rustic feel – a real man cave.
I had booked time through their website, and when I arrived and my booking was confirmed, I was offered a variety of drinks while waiting for the shave.
I don’t speak Czech, but luckily they speak good English at Eddie’s.

My barber was Petr and he gave me a fantastic shave.
He started with massaging some oil into my skin, then applied the hot towel and while I was just relaxing and enjoying the warm feeling, I could sense Petr whipping up the lather – Proraso Sandalwood :001_smile
He applied the lather in painting motions and then went for the shave. It was a confident and firm shave but at the same time quite gentle and very comfortable.
Then a warm towel to wipe my face clean – loved it :biggrin1:
The shave was finished by a choice of cologne or balm, and I went for the Proraso balm which was massaged into the skin and left me with a nice smooth feeling.
Then I had a singeing of my hairs on the ears, this was a first for me, but fun to try.
It was all a very nice experience, and I left the shop with a big smile on my face.
The shave took approximate 30 minutes.

If any of you Gentlemen ever come to Prague, I can highly recommend a visit to Eddie’s Barber.
It is a very nice barber shop, very nice people, and very reasonable priced.
The shop is only a 5-6 minute walk from the metro station Náměstí Míru, or even closer from tram 16’s stop, about 2 minutes walk.

PS. Before you ask; no, I didn't pay attention to the gear used, I was just enjoying it :001_smile

As posted I was at eddies during my 60th and as the OP described quite accurately, this is an awesome establishment, right down to the complimentary drink along with the shave, all for about 12 bucks. I also had Pete as my barber on this visit. Going back for another shave, as well as a haircut this week before returning to US. Highly recommend!

Attachments

• IMG_2381.JPG
    IMG_2381.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Thanks to all for this. Headed to Prague this fall and I will absolutely try this! Do they shave heads as well?

Will tell them of their stellar reputation on B&B.

Top Bottom