What's new

Is this a good candidate?

This Boker "finest Inda" came to me rusty and with cracked scales. I cleaned it up to user grade and am about to attempt new scales, but started to second guess myself.

I know nothing about any Bokers, new or vintage and have no clue on its age or suitability for bringing back to life. The blade currently measures 9/16...does this mean that it has had a lot of steel removed already? I kinda like narrow blades so far and it doesn't seem to have a lot of hone wear. Thoughts on this blade versus finding a better candidate?

Cool blade! Might be an optical illusion but looks like a small frown on the edge.

Last edited:
It is a little bit of both... There is a very slight frown when putting the edge on a flat surface, but not as dramatic as it may appear in the picture.

I am a fan of vintage Bokers have not met one yet that is not a top notch razor. This should be no exception.

I am with you on the scales. Maybe minimal investment- after all this is practice so if you end up making a mistake so what?

Depending on your investment in the blade would be the gauge on how willing I was to go for it.

I have several blades that will hold a nice edge but will never be more than user grade- those are my experimental razors for stuff like this.

Another suggestion is a ZY 430+ or Gold Dollar 66. Good steel and popular for modding.

If it were mine, I would likely tape some popsicle sticks or other on the tang to simulate open scales, hone out the frown and set the bevel to make sure it will hold an edge, then dull the razor and proceed in making the scales.

Top Bottom