What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

View attachment 778047 View attachment 778048 View attachment 778049 View attachment 778050 View attachment 778051

Possibly my last vintage razor purchase, a 1926 Gillette New Standard, serial #73294B?, a bit difficult to read. The teeth are near perfect, no handle crack and only a very slight bit of brassing on the very edge of the top cap. I will have the blade box next week. Strangely enough I found the case last summer with a Old Type inside.

I will be enjoying a relaxing shave with this beauty tomorrow morning.
Congratulations, sometimes we just have to piece our sets together one piece at a time.

Thank you! I love handle already. Very nice and handy :)

Head, it seems, made by the same MIM technology, as Rockwell. Upper side of top cap is polished.

Costs only about 40 bucks for a SS razor - will shave with it in the evening.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Saiver Profimed
IMG_20170325_155824.jpg

1906 first year Gillette Single Ring with no bent teeth or handle crack. It has over 110 years of silver tarnish and patina, and there was no way I was going to erase all that history. I gave it my usual boiling water and dish soap soak followed by a gentle scrubbing with the tooth brush. No Scrubbing Bubbles, just a couple of quick cycles of alcohol soaks and air dry. Happily, it stayed just as tarnished, but it's now squeaky clean.

proxy.php

View attachment 778047 View attachment 778048 View attachment 778049 View attachment 778050 View attachment 778051

Possibly my last vintage razor purchase, a 1926 Gillette New Standard, serial #73294B?, a bit difficult to read. The teeth are near perfect, no handle crack and only a very slight bit of brassing on the very edge of the top cap. I will have the blade box next week. Strangely enough I found the case last summer with a Old Type inside.

I will be enjoying a relaxing shave with this beauty tomorrow morning.

Excellent score!

Your last pirchase? Really?:001_rolle

RAD was strong with me this month... all in one picture:

Gillette Tech with Aluminum Handle (from England)

Gillette Slim Adjustable J1

Gillette Slim Aristocrat L3

ATT Atlas R2 (2015) - bought here on B&B

Mühle R106 (R89 head)

proxy.php

proxy.php

RAD was strong with me this month... all in one picture:

Gillette Tech with Aluminum Handle (from England)

Gillette Slim Adjustable J1

Gillette Slim Aristocrat L3

ATT Atlas R2 (2015) - bought here on B&B

Mühle R106 (R89 head)

proxy.php

proxy.php
Nice set of jewelry you have collected this month.........

1906 first year Gillette Single Ring with no bent teeth or handle crack. It has over 110 years of silver tarnish and patina, and there was no way I was going to erase all that history. I gave it my usual boiling water and dish soap soak followed by a gentle scrubbing with the tooth brush. No Scrubbing Bubbles, just a couple of quick cycles of alcohol soaks and air dry. Happily, it stayed just as tarnished, but it's now squeaky clean.

proxy.php
I love the Single rings.

I wanted a Gillette New LC but bought the Otto Roth clone since 1) Otto is my first name and 2) it looked to be in nice condition with no crack in the handle.

I shaved with it twice. Not a bad shave (no weepers no irritation) but not as smooth as some other razors. The handle is too thin and light for my taste so will probably use a heftier stainless version. I do like the copper/brass look of the original handle though.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Murphy hooked me up! I acquired a '49 Milord a few weeks ago (I improperly identified it as a '53 at the time!), and the end cap fell off while I was cleaning it. Cap disassembled it, cleaned it, repaired it, and gave it a nice polish. It arrived yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't be happier. There were some plating issues on the doors, but now, they're highly polished nickel. I really like the way that looks against the remaining gold on the rest of the razor.

I'll use his pictures he sent me, as they're better than I any I could take.
49milord1.jpg IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7244.JPG IMG_7245.JPG IMG_7246.JPG
Thanks, CAP!! ...and thanks to Tony Brown for pointing me in his direction!

Tipster; Cap is a gentleman, scholar, and craftsman, as well as many other fine attributes such as his service to others, as you can see from your wonderful Milord repair. I have never tried one, and I hope it is a GREAT shaver for you! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Top Bottom