What's new

New soap lockers - first pics

Well gents, I just got notified by the factory - we have the green FLAG!

2010 Martinsville Oct NSCS race start.jpg

Tomorrow I pick up the soap lockers. The quantity is still undetermined but it is limited. For those who do not get one on this go 'round we will, of course, have more in a couple of months. They are predominantly Gunmetal and Cobalt. As usual the Gunmetal has an attitude with the glaze and so each has a different look to it. There is one that is Sandstorm so whoever asked for that one send me an email. It will not be posted for sale on our site as a separate picture. For now I am leaving the listing on our site as "sold out" until I can log in a quantity tomorrow after unloading. I expect to be able to post them for sale by tomorrow in the afternoon. It is not ideal but I don't know any other way to do this other than first come, first served.

Good luck tomorrow!

Well gents, they are now available. Within four minutes we sold the first one - seriously. I have a total of a dozen, about half Gunmetal and half Cobalt. Next restocking is about the end of April.

Quite pumped I could get in on the first round. I will give a review when it comes and I get some uses out of it.

My soap locker came and I have gotten some use out of it! For sure I can say it is the nicest soap holder (for lack of a better word) that I have. I pressed my 45th parallel soap into it right away. This particular soap was only used a couple of times so far, so I had almost a complete 5 oz. It filled it right up to the bottom of the lid quite nicely. The color is spot on to the cobalt lather bowl that I own so it is a nice matching set.

Loading a brush is easy as it should be. I should note that the compass rose does make for a nice place to put your thumb while loading the brush allowing for a solid grip as things might get wet and slick. The excess moisture on the soap itself, was able to dry off quickly without drying out the soap after I put the locker away after the shave. Both soap scent and quality of the soap appear to be maintained between shaves. As the lid is not screwed on or air tight the soap can "breath" and allow the moisture to dissipate which is quite nice.

Overall I could not ask for much more. I do think the lid could use some more details. Not so much for functionality as it work great but just for looks. Seems like a missed opportunity to add some finer detail (logo, compass, etc). This if very nit picking though.

Overall I highly recommend them. I am looking forward to more color options to become available so I can keep different soaps in different colors.

Well, I turned my back and had one of the lids roll off a shelf and onto the concrete which is never good with ceramic. And yes, as I heard the tinkle of ceramic breaking I - ummm - expanded my use of the English language, shall we say. Ahem.

So I have a soap locker minus the lid for sale. I'd say, $19.00 would do it rather than the $30.00. If interested, the first to email me at: [email protected]

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_6287.jpg
IMG_6288.jpg
Had my my first go with my very unique Soap Locker that I received from Scott, he had sent me some prototypes that I did a review on and when i saw this one had to have it, i gifted my son about 1/2 of the cream and soap so I took what I had left and blended it togother and made a super croap.

Razor: Boker King Cutter

Strop: TM Spanish Bridle

Soap: Cap’n Choice Sandalwood

Brush: Seking Boar

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Cap’n Choice Sandalwood

Balm: Cap’n Choice Sandalwood

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6287.jpg

Top Bottom