What's new

DIY Straight Razor storage

As I am about to get a second SR I am thinking of a good storage solution so I have something as my collection grows. Finished storage cost as much as a razor so I have been thinking about a DIY project. Here are my thoughts but not sure the best option for a tray/dividers.

I can buy ($5-$15) a new or used cigar box size around 9x8.5x2.25 :
Prestige%20Chateau-3.jpg
At a minimum I would use some paint sticks and cut them down and use a drill hole cutter to add a "window" in the dividers to fit my figures in to pick up a razor, glue them , shellac and finish the interior with flock (never used it but how hard can it be). Give a look similar to the dividers like (I know the picture is leather):
images91WL0G3G.jpg

Is this the best way to divide the SR or is there a better option so the razor is more on its side so the razor's scales are more displayed? If I widen the dividers it might be harder to pick up a razor so its a design vs function concern I am thinking about.... To simplify the tray/dividing part of this I know you can buy pen trays but not sure a good alternative here.

I also plan to make sure the box a bit longer so I can add something to remove moisture from the box. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have seen others use fountain pen display cases. You can pick one up online for under $100 that holds 24 pens.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Instead of flocking felt and 3m spray glue is pretty cheap and easy to use. Paper backed foam board is also easy to cut and shape and glue together as well.

I like the jeweler case too, I am on process of getting a second razor so I don't need a huge box...

However, where are people getting/buying cigar boxes with the cigar divider included? Online I only see boxes no dividers? I like the look of a CT Valley Reserve box and divider just not spending 220.00 as I don't smoke cigars.

Can I ask where you found those toothbrush stands that you are using for your straights?

I believe my wife picked them up in Lowes, not sure they carry them anymore though as the last time I was there looking I could not find them but maybe they were just out.

I believe my wife picked them up in Lowes, not sure they carry them anymore though as the last time I was there looking I could not find them but maybe they were just out.

You are right. I can't find that particular holder anywhere. The best I can find is this.

SRholder.jpg

Top Bottom