What's new

Buying shaving cream

Hello all,

I have almost finished my first pot of shaving cream, which came in a set with with my brush and shavette. Having never brought any cream before I was wondering where everyone else buys there's from.

I'm in the UK and buy most things from amazon these days. Nothing wrong with Amazon, but they do sell some rubbish in there. Are there any shops in the UK or websites that you would recommend?

Cheers.

Shavingstation
Connaughtshaving
Shavelounge

There are other really good ones, but you won't go far wrong with these.

I love Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams. There are lots of them and I'm sure you can find a scent that you like. They all seem to perform really well, lathering up like crazy and offering a nice slick shave. Check them out.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Whoever has the best price for Castle Forbes. I think Lavender is the best, but Lime is nice, too.

I've ordered a sample pack from Truefitt & Hill, read some positive reviews about the company. Any one have any experience with them?

I love Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams. There are lots of them and I'm sure you can find a scent that you like. They all seem to perform really well, lathering up like crazy and offering a nice slick shave. Check them out.

I've seen these quite a bit. Just need to work out what sent I want. I've seen avocado..tempted.

Stone Cottage has A 5 pack sampler for $8.50 until March 5th. I ordered 2 of them and they have been excellent. The only T&H I have tried is the 1805. It was very nice but it irritated my face so I PIFed it.

I've ordered a sample pack from Truefitt & Hill, read some positive reviews about the company. Any one have any experience with them?
Excellent creams, on the whole. Noticed the sample pack doesn’t include the new Apsley cream, but highly recommend (somehow) trying it — in terms of performance, it’s their best by a fair margin, and in terms of scent, best by a wide margin, IME/O.

My preference is T&H after using ToBS for many years - it is not a lathering issue but somehow the sink is easier to clean. The lathering is terrific with both, however then it comes down to personal little things. I am currently using T&H sandalwood and No 10.

Stone Cottage has A 5 pack sampler for $8.50 until March 5th. I ordered 2 of them and they have been excellent. The only T&H I have tried is the 1805. It was very nice but it irritated my face so I PIFed it.
The Stone Cottage sampler deal is still going! Just made an order and can't wait for them. Thanks for the heads up!

Shavingstation
Connaughtshaving
Shavelounge

There are other really good ones, but you won't go far wrong with these.

I'd add Shaving-Shack to those 3 as well - can't go wrong between them

The West Indian Limes is my all time favourite cream. 1805 is nice too.

A while back I was on a Trumper's kick and went from Sandlewood to Limes to Violet. All three were great, although the Violet irritated my face a bit. Like TOBS and T&H, Trumper's has a lot of variety.

Top Bottom