What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

My Sailor is now a few days later than even the excessive projection. But now I'm also waiting for a Platinum Balance

No pens in the mail to me at the moment, but I'm very much hoping there's a nib on its way. Traded nibs on my Visconti HomoSapiens Dark Ages from a double broad to a more usable Medium. The body and cap taunt me from beside the bathroom sink awaiting its missing piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My long sought after Parker 75:
Parker 75.jpg

I had hoped to find one in the wild, but after years of looking I decided I would rather write with the pen I treasure than search for it. So I ordered this one.

That's a nice looking 75 Dog...how does it write/what nib did you get?

Haven't received it yet. It's on its way. It is a medium. Vendor assures me it writes smoothly. I'll post when I get a chance to use it. I'm thinking of inking it up with Parker Penman Sapphire.

Just ordered an Italix Churchman's Prescriptor with extra broad 1.75mm oblique cursive italic #6 nib from MrPenUK.

IMG_3099.JPG Staedtler 925-25-05 - Strictly speaking it's not a pen... strictly speaking. And it's already arrived, not too long ago. But I'm so in love with it. I'm a huge fan of Mechanical Pencils. Never use anything else. Perfect for my Moleskin diary and Leuchtturm 1917 Journal. A match made in heaven IMO. Just love holding the thing, and can't possibly imagine using anything else, (used with Pentel HD lead).

View attachment 778325 Staedtler 925-25-05 - Strictly speaking it's not a pen... strictly speaking. And it's already arrived, not too long ago. But I'm so in love with it. I'm a huge fan of Mechanical Pencils. Never use anything else. Perfect for my Moleskin diary and Leuchtturm 1917 Journal. A match made in heaven IMO. Just love holding the thing, and can't possibly imagine using anything else, (used with Pentel HD lead).

I have both a 925-25-20 and a 925-35-20. They take 2.0mm leads and have been bullet proof! I much prefer these Staedtler mechanical lead holders to my Faber-Castell and Koh-I-Noor units.

The Lingmo Lorelei has gotten a decent reception & I was amused at what seemed to be one reviewer's annoyance at how it compared favorably to the Sailor Procolors it takes its design from, so I put in an order for a translucent blue. May still shell out for a Pro Gear one these days.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
An Eboya Houju (means gem or jewel) in Kunpuu (a dark green ebonite with swirls of brighter green and meaning Gentle Breeze). It will be the mid size version, with no cap ring, with a pocket clip and a medium Bock nib tuned to be moderately wet. The filling system will be cartridge/converter.

proxy.php

image from the Eboya website​

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Pilot Custom Heritage 92 with an FM nib.

Great pen! With all things considered (price, performance, comfort, looks, etc.), it's probably my favorite pen. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives! :thumbup:

An Eboya Houju (means gem or jewel) in Kunpuu (a dark green ebonite with swirls of brighter green and meaning Gentle Breeze). It will be the mid size version, with no cap ring, with a pocket clip and a medium Bock nib tuned to be moderately wet. The filling system will be cartridge/converter.

proxy.php

image from the Eboya website​

That ebonite looks beautiful. The gold clip really compliments the color and the swirls. I don't know why, but dark green pens give off a classy, vintage-type of vibe to me. Which is funny, because come to think of it, I don't own any dark green pens.

>Pilot Custom Heritage 92 with an FM nib.

Great pen! With all things considered (price, performance, comfort, looks, etc.), it's probably my favorite pen. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives!

I got it yesterday, flushed it out, and then anguished about what ink to run through it for its first use. Settled on Lamy Blue/Black.

I really like how it feels in the hand and how it writes. The FM nib is great. My only complaint , and I hate to even call it a complaint, but for a >$100 pen, I'm a little surprised about the slack in the piston knob. Slack...hesitation. When I turn the knob it takes almost a 1/4 of a turn before there is any movement from the piston itself. Same going the other way.

You have one. Is that normal?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I got it yesterday, flushed it out, and then anguished about what ink to run through it for its first use. Settled on Lamy Blue/Black.

I really like how it feels in the hand and how it writes. The FM nib is great. My only complaint , and I hate to even call it a complaint, but for a >$100 pen, I'm a little surprised about the slack in the piston knob. Slack...hesitation. When I turn the knob it takes almost a 1/4 of a turn before there is any movement from the piston itself. Same going the other way.

You have one. Is that normal?
That is often found in many of the better piston fillers where it is possible to post the cap. It prevents accidentally causing a leak if the piston knob gets turned slightly when posting or unposting the cap.

That is often found in many of the better piston fillers where it is possible to post the cap. It prevents accidentally causing a leak if the piston knob gets turned slightly when posting or unposting the cap.

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. My faith in Pilot has been restored.

Top Bottom