What's new

March 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
March is already here and spring is just around the corner but time doesn't effect the Scores. They are always out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does see to fly but no matter what the season, or the weather, there is always something to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know. We all want to see and think ... I'm need one of THOSE....

Okay, will start this month too. Been following the thread on the Star DE razor and immediately searched for one. Well, it arrived in today's mail. Not the best looking example, but got it soaking in Dawn right now and probably hit it with the ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow. Hopefully first shave tomorrow.

DSC01383.JPG

Okay, will start this month too. Been following the thread on the Star DE razor and immediately searched for one. Well, it arrived in today's mail. Not the best looking example, but got it soaking in Dawn right now and probably hit it with the ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow. Hopefully first shave tomorrow.

View attachment 772940

Good score! Post a shot when it's cleaned up.

Also waiting on the Star report....

View attachment 772940

Got a little "den" at a flea market. It's an old (30+ years) homemade cabinet that I picked up for $10. Here it is loaded with some stuff. Also shown is a little blue bowl I also picked up for $1 to try as a lather bowl. It has some nice ridges on the inside,so I'm hopeful it will work out.

IMG_20170303_213814.jpg

Got a little "den" at a flea market. It's an old (30+ years) homemade cabinet that I picked up for $10. Here it is loaded with some stuff. Also shown is a little blue bowl I also picked up for $1 to try as a lather bowl. It has some nice ridges on the inside,so I'm hopeful it will work out.

View attachment 773011
Nice find for $10. Congratulations........

View attachment 773011

That's a great pickup! Fine price. Really like the drawer in the bottom.

Went to the monthly flea market today. Not a record breaking day, but I came home with a a couple of Gems (Bullet Tip and Push Button) and a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap.
DSCF0014.JPG

On a business trip to Seattle from overseas, and so I picked up some 'essentials' (Pinaud, AV Musk, Florida Water) and made a find at a junk shop--the bay rum from Avon circal 1981 in a beautiful bottle. Also five samples from Stone Cottage--tried Cedre Noir today, and one of my best and closest shaves ever! Unfortunately, I found I'm not a fan of the Pinaud or the AV so I don't think they'll make the trip back overseas with me.

IMG_1450.JPG

Nice! All I find are the goofy-shaped Avon bottles with "froofy" juice...none of the good stuff.
They had plenty of those. Too bad, because I really wanted some nice bottles for decanting other plastic-bottle aftershaves. The Avon bottle will work well for that. And for two bucks you can't go wrong.

On a business trip to Seattle from overseas, and so I picked up some 'essentials' (Pinaud, AV Musk, Florida Water) and made a find at a junk shop--the bay rum from Avon circal 1981 in a beautiful bottle. Also five samples from Stone Cottage--tried Cedre Noir today, and one of my best and closest shaves ever! Unfortunately, I found I'm not a fan of the Pinaud or the AV so I don't think they'll make the trip back overseas with me.

View attachment 773483

Good score! Sorry about the Pinaud and Aqua Velva.

I made my presentation a long time ago and now I return. I will not be very active, but I will keep reading.

A purchase in a Spanish forum:

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom