What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

dax.jpg

I’m using Dax Wave and Groom pomade today. This is a pomade is very, very similar to Murray’s Superior pomade. It’s like a lighter, shinier version of Murray’s. Dax increases the shine in your hair. My hair looks like a movie’s stars hair today. What I like about Dax Wave and Groom is the shine, control, and how it puts a slightly darker tint to my blond hair. I’ve got blond the same color as James Dean. It’s REALLY blond. A lot of pomades don’t shine when they’re in my hair for some reason. Dax Wave and Groom works really well to make my hair shine. It’s nice. My beautiful Ann Bankcroft look alike girlfriend has been complimenting my hair tonight. She likes the way it looks with Dax in it, and she loves the scent of the pomade when she gets close to my hair.

It’s shining like I’ve got Brylcreem in my hair. This stuff is real shiny. The scent is nice too. I added 3 scoops of Dax Wave and Groom to my wet hair after I got out of the shower. Dax is a lot easier to apply than Murray’s Superior. It’s like night and day. The shine is noticeable right away. Dax is a lot shinier than Murray’s. Dax doesn’t have the texture of Murray’s unfortunately. I’m not able to get the same volume as I normally do when I’m using Murray’s, but it doesn’t matter because my hair is so short right now.

Dax Wave and Groom pomade was originally advertised as for people with shorter hair. They changed the print on the tin to, “Hair dress for Maximum Hold, Light Shine.” Dax still works really well for short hair for some reason. I just my hair cut, and my hair looks amazing with Dax Wave and Groom in it. Dax works better with hair that is no longer than 2-3 inches in length. If you use it on longer hair, it doesn’t seem to work as well.

When I use Dax when hair is longer, I can’t style it properly because of the weak hold of the Dax, and it flattens my hair out to the point where all I can do is slick it to the side. But with short hair, Dax works perfectly. Washing Dax out is always a hassle unless I use mineral oil or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Conditioner. It’s going to be interesting to see tomorrow if I can wash out the Dax with regular shampoo rather than using mineral oil.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Mineral oil, Lanolin, Fragrance.

Cost: $3.59 for 3.5 oz. tin. I purchased my Dax Wave and Groom pomade from West Coast Shaving’s website. You can’t beat the price of Dax. I bought 6 tins of this great pomade. I figure the stuff will last me the remainder of 2017 if I use just this pomade alone.

Shine: 4 out of 5

Scent: Nice scent. I’m not exactly sure what the scent is, but it smells very nice and it’s always there.

Thoughts

I’m going to be using Dax Wave and Groom more often, as it works really well with my shorter hair. Once my hair grows out, I probably will focus more on Murray’s Superior and High Life pomades. Right now, my hair is too short to use those excellent pomades. A lot of users of Dax complain about it being greasy. I’m not noticing that. It’s not really greasy. It’s shiny, but it doesn’t feel greasy. It kind of feels like a wax rather than a grease. It’s got lanolin in it, and I can definitely feel the product.

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

blue.jpg

I'm using Blue Magic Pressing oil today. It's a pomade from 1953. This is a pomade from the same company that created Royal Crown. It's VERY shiny pomade.

Cost: $6 for 5 oz. tin.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Lecithin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Fragrance

My hair looks like it's glowing with Blue Magic in it. It seems to be getting more shiny as the day goes by.

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

brylcreem.jpg

David here. I’m using British Brylcreem today. I got up late this morning and didn’t have time to shower, so I threw in two scoops of British Brylcreem into my hair. Presto, my hair looks incredibly good today. The shine in my hair is out of this world good. The amazing thing is my hair looks freshly washed and totally clean despite the fact that it looked dirty when I went to sleep very last night at 2am. That’s what I like about Brylcreem. A little dab goes a long ways towards giving your hair a freshly washed look. In my case, I always use 2-3 dabs of Brylcreem.

I still have a TON of Brylcreem that I need to use up. The stuff lasts forever. The U.S Brylcreem is a lot shiner and greasier than the British version in my opinion. I can’t use a lot of the U.S Brylcreem without it making my hair look greasy and dirty. When I use the U.S version, I only use a dab.

My hair looks darker today with the Brylcreem in it. As the day goes on, my hair seems to get darker. Brylcreem changes my hair color from blond to a brownish blond. I guess that’s how former U.S president Ronald Reagan got away without dying his hair while he was in office. He was said to be a big Brylcreem user. The stuff definitely tints hair a darker shade.

I bought my Brylcreem off of EBAY in a large quantity. I don’t remember how much I paid for it. I just know I got a great price, and that I bought a lot of it. I’ve used half of the British Brylcreem tub that I purchased. I want to buy more of this stuff because it’s really good stuff. My U.S Brylcreem will likely last me forever. However, I think Brylcreem has a shelf life of 3-4 years before it starts going bad. I’ll make sure I start using this stuff up when I’m not using pomade. To be honest, Brylcreem works well with pomade. It doesn’t seem to loosen the hold of the heavy pomades, as long as you only use one dab of Brylcreem. When my hair is long, I’ve used 3 dabs of Brylcreem and I’ve been able to style my hair with it. I really like Brylcreem. When I don’t use it for a long time, I forget how good it is.

The trick with Brylcreem is to use the right amount. 1 dab isn’t normally good enough for me. I have to use at least 2. It’s kind of tricky though with the U.S version of Brylcreem, because the stuff contains so much mineral oil in comparison to the British version. If you use too much, your hair is going to look like you swam in the middle of a big oil spill.

When I use Brylcreem, I get a lot of women throwing themselves at me. They seem to really like the look. It’s pretty amazing how they go for me when I’m using this stuff. That’s why I don’t understand how guys want to use products that have no shine at all in their hair. It’s as if they don’t understand what women like when it comes to their hair.

Top Bottom