What's new

Your favorite affordable (Cheap) cigar?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have to agree with Rob on the Edge Maduros. Those things are lovely. But also the 601 Blue's. It is rumored that they were originally blended by Don Pepin. The certainly taste like it! Also the Famous #3000 series are lovely too. Also originally blended by Don Pepin.

Cool. I will be adding two more to my cheap cigar search list. :)

I've been afraid to try those haha. Tried a pouch of "backwoods". Was quite surprised. They weren't too bad to be honest. They were pretty sweet. But I like sweet haha. Kinda like an aromatic pipe tobacco in cigar form. I didn't find them as bad as most people claim they are :blush:
How dare you enjoy a product like that and form your own opinion of it!
I had a friend that smoked backwoods when we'd get together. I tried to guilt him into smoking something of higher quality, but he liked what he smoked and smoked what he liked. Nothing wrong with that.
The only thing that scares me with the cheaper cigars (Backwoods/swisher sweets/BnM) is the introduction of more artificial nonsense. Its probably worse in my head than it is actually...or is it??

How dare you enjoy a product like that and form your own opinion of it!
I had a friend that smoked backwoods when we'd get together. I tried to guilt him into smoking something of higher quality, but he liked what he smoked and smoked what he liked. Nothing wrong with that.
The only thing that scares me with the cheaper cigars (Backwoods/swisher sweets/BnM) is the introduction of more artificial nonsense. Its probably worse in my head than it is actually...or is it??

Probably not much worse haha. It is quite sweet flavored. The ones I tried were the honey berry flavor. It was very mild and sweet. Could definitely taste the honey and berry flavors as well as the tip being sweetened.

If you like sweet aromatics they wouldn't be too bad. If you more for the natural flavor they would probably be too sweet.

The aromatic tobacco industry could learn some stuff from them I think. I got the same flavor from them as smell from the pouch haha.

I like quality cigars for sure but those little things aren't half bad for short quick smokes. I'll probably by more to try in the future. Just for when I don't have time for a larger cigar or when I don't want to take a pipe out in bad weather.

I did buy a pack of "banditos" cheroots recently. Similar to the backwoods but without the flavors added. The tip is sweetened but the tobacco flavor is much stonger. Around a medium stength. Still beru rough and not the quality of a good cigar but great for quick smokes when you have no time or don't want to bring out the nice cigars.

I've been afraid to try those haha. Tried a pouch of "backwoods". Was quite surprised. They weren't too bad to be honest. They were pretty sweet. But I like sweet haha. Kinda like an aromatic pipe tobacco in cigar form. I didn't find them as bad as most people claim they are :blush:
Theyre not bad. I would say they certainly dont have the flavor of some of the better cigars but theyre cheap, they have a little flavor and you get a bit of a buzz off of them.

I always look for deals...just bought a box of My Father La Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto for about $5 a stick. The CAO samplers are usually around $3 per cigar and I have usually enjoyed most, especially the Italia and Brasilia Maduro Robusto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just smoked an El Suelo for the first time last night. The fat robusto (I think the rg is 54) is $66/bdl. It's made by Pete Johnson of Tatuaje fame under the L' Attelier line (or however it's spelled). Folks, for just over three bones apiece it's a darn good cigar! Nothing special, but it's all long filler with a slow cool burn, decent flavor, and enough body to satisfy even the experienced smoker. The wrapper has a nice sheen of oil that you just don't see on cigars in this price range. This one makes me wonder how they can sell it at such an affordable price.

I grabbed 2 more "odyssey" cigars from my local b&m. Smoked one on an employees recommendation. Grabbed 2 toros. One habano and one Connecticut to try. They were 1.50 each and 36 a bundle. Will report how these taste. The first one i had was pretty good :thumbup1:

I love the cigar.com private label. Great cigars to suit every taste. The Purple label, which is my favorite, is a mild CT wrapper blended by, I THINK AJ Fernandez. The blending is the same so the difference between the purple label and and Ashton is that the purple label has short filler. Watch their daily deals, and you can find them on sale for just a buck or two.

I'm not a fan of short filler cigars but I agree that Cigar.com has some good ones. Their best was the corojo made by Pepin but it's no longer being made. It was a heavy dose of spice when fresh, too much to be honest since there was no balance. 6 months in a humidor later it was a fantastic smoke. I was bummed when it left the lineup.

For me,
Bahia maduros- price jumped up a bit recently but still a good stick if you like maduros
Famous smoke shop sells some bundled 20 under $20 that while short filler SOME of them aren't bad for a cheap smoke and some are just not my cup of tea. Ymmv. The Conuco and the famous private selection with some humidor resting have been ok for me and my half dead taste buds.
Always hunting for a good deal so a thread like this is heaven for me!

MrZ

2nds and Overruns are my way to go to stock qty of great sticks without the labels...
Oliva 2nds
Nicaraguan 90+2nds

Ligero Laced 2nds are my favorites if I can find them. Always $2 range or less and all the flavor of the originals. Often hard to figure out what made them 2nds.
Stole my thunder

Backwoods for me. 5 for a couple bucks. I feel like Clint Eastwood

Just got a 50 pack sampler of those and a sampler of "ugly coyote " (famous smoke shop brand). Also got a 25 pack of don felos small cigars recently. Lots of peeps dont like the sweet backwoods style stuff but I do haha.

Also I tried a "Odyssey" Connecticut saturday. Pretty good like the habano one. $1.50 each at my local store and bundles around $35. I did some research on them and apparently they are made by a parent company to cohiba and la gloria cubana.

Top Bottom