What's new

Shaving scents you wish didn't exist

Thank you! I thought it was going to be Wet Shaving Heresy, lol. I just don't like the scent of Sandalwood for some reason. It has a musty/funky odor that I can't get past.

I do like Bay Rum scents though. I like mine on the sweeter side.

This is interesting because I thought I was the only one that didn't like Sandalwood. For me, it's a sickening sweet smell. I worked as a stock boy as a teenager for a store that had an entire section of Chinese cloisonne and carved sandalwood artworks. They even sold sandalwood bar soaps from China. The whole stockroom reeked of sandalwood and I hated opening all of the shipping boxes.

Thank you! I thought it was going to be Wet Shaving Heresy, lol. I just don't like the scent of Sandalwood for some reason. It has a musty/funky odor that I can't get past.

I do like Bay Rum scents though. I like mine on the sweeter side.

Sandalwood smells like a combination of bare feet and the docks on a hot day.

The worst scent for me was Nivea, followed by Stirling's Bonaparte (which is not on their list anymore lol).

Otherwise I would say I do not like over sweet candy scents.

Twenty three posts and no mention of the vile Arko, shocking.

dave

I really made the effort with Arko. I hoped it would lose some intensity with age but I ran out of patience before it ran out of stink. It's a shame, really, because the performance is great and the price is even better.

-Kesto

The worst scents in wetshaving:
1) Tabac which smells like a bus load of blue haired chain smoking grannies on a non airconditioned 2 day bus trip to Reno
2) B&M Roam which smells like John Waynes Horses behind after a 4 day trip across the desert of no return

Anything else including Arko is at least tolerable

I'm currently PIFing out a can of rose scented soap. I didn't want to toss it, but every time I checked it to see if my memory was flawed, it continued to smell like RAID.

I got this new Razorock soap. I don't like the scent. I think this is going artisan a little too far.

images2.jpg

I really made the effort with Arko. I hoped it would lose some intensity with age but I ran out of patience before it ran out of stink. It's a shame, really, because the performance is great and the price is even better.

-Kesto

Supposedly you have to increase the surface area to speed up the loss of perfumes. That is, grate it into a loose mess in a bowl, then put somewhere for it to air out (for a month). Once done, pack it back together.

I like the smell.

I'm still trying to find one that bad... LOL
I did let B&M Leviathan go due to scent, but it wasn't terrible. Just not all that enjoyable.
I didn't care for this one either. My initial reaction was probably something close to those who aren't chosen by the Veg.

Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice might be the only scent that I really am not sold on. For some reason, it reminds me of the spent charcoal in my grill.

I was originally going to say B&M Night Music, but that scent has grown on me to the point where I kind of like it.

+1 on sandalwood (or should that be -1)...just not an enjoyable scent for me.

Neither is anything with a prominent geranium scent. I tried a rose/geranium scented soap in the soap passaround, and the rose faded too quickly, leaving only geranium. It's ok in a support role, but not for the main event.

Top Bottom