What's new

Hey all! Just started wet shaving, what do you think of my set up?

The razor is a Merkur 33c and so far I have been very happy with all of this stuff!

I was just wondering if anyone else found the Proraso white a little dry or if it was just me. I am pretty new at this so it could just be that I'm not creating the lather correctly.

20170227_130015.jpg

Hello and welcome, Rob. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

That set-up looks fine. Proraso is easy to lather. Try it with a little more water.

Biggest thing is to relax and enjoy the ride.

That looks like just the right set-up for a new wet shaver. I agree with the other posters - Proraso likes a lot of water. How are the shaves you have been getting?

Thanks everyone! Glad to know I did well with my purchases!

I've been loving the shaves I get with this setup, my face is always so smooth after and I have little to no irritation which is awesome! Really glad I decided to buy all this stuff, I no longer dread shaving and now am excited every time I do it!

The razor is a Merkur 33c and so far I have been very happy with all of this stuff!

I was just wondering if anyone else found the Proraso white a little dry or if it was just me. I am pretty new at this so it could just be that I'm not creating the lather correctly.

View attachment 764831
Looks great! Mild and forgiving. A perfect introduction. Enjoy! I warn you that there are a lot of people like me, sick with RAD. The endless pursuit of the perfect shave. Welcome to the club of DE safety razor crazies!

Hi Rob and welcome to the forums.

Your setup looks supurb. I'm envious actually as you probably paid less for that set up than I have over all. I've not used Porasso white, but some soaps are thirsty. If your lather is thick and pasty it means it wants more water, if it is thin and runny it means you have too much.

Add water a little bit at a time to your brush. I don't see a mug or bowl so you are face or palm lathering right? If so you'll eventually get a feel for how much water you need.

Welcome to B&B.
Great set up. Haven't tried the Proraso, love the Maca Root and Nivea:001_tt1:
Good choice on the Omega. I have two Omegas, one silvertip and the other a boar. Astra SP is a good blade, but I'm partial to the Wilkinson Sword (German) and the Gillette Platinum Plus.

Mikey

If it's working for you, it's a good setup. I have heard that the Proraso can be a little bit drying, but the Nivea balm is awesome and should balance that out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice set! Looks like you are doing well! Stay away from here though because we all have the dread disease of AD'S such as RAD,SAD,BAD,SSAD,BLT,ETC...
Ad Infinitim...
Ad Abserdio...
Before you know it all your disposable income will go to razors, blades, fragrances, brushes, soaps, creams, etc...
This place will seal your doom if your not careful!
But welcome to the club anyway!:001_tongu

Top Bottom