What's new

My first shave with a Sheffield Chopper

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
IMG_9928.JPG
I found an 8/8 Wosty at the Nashville flea market Saturday. The scales were broken and full of holes, and the blade had some rust but nothing bad. I got it home and took it apart and cleaned up the blade. After talking with Keith (KCB) I ended up repairing the scales with epoxy and I think they turned out ok. I honed it bevel set on a Chosera 1k, then DN slurry on a suita and finished on my Maruka with tomo slurry. The shave was sublime. I never thought I'd like the big wedges but I really enjoyed that shave and I'm looking forward to many years with this razor in my rotation. Here's what it looks like after I cleaned it up a bit.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
What a wonderful job of a period correct resto job on that one! It sure is satisfying to find them in the wild too. Well done Sir!

Lovely, I have a couple of these sweet 'Wosties'. They are a dream to hone & shave with. Sweet score David!

I agree, it's beautiful. Love the old Wostys. It's great that you were able to salvage the scales and from the looks of them they turned out fabulous..

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thanks everyone! I hope this isn't the beginning of a chopper AD. :001_huh:

Top Bottom