What's new

Pocket Pistol

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I cannot believe someone would recommend that.

Lol'd. Then you need to get out more, because they really exist. I know, I didn't believe it myself at first, but they breathe air, walk and talk and everything...

I have only put 100 rounds through the 43 but shooting two hand or 1 hand I really like the trigger so far. Glocks can sometimes be a bit stiff out of the box, but this one has cycled like a dream so far.

100 rounds 115 grain American Eagle FMJ. 3 Federal Hydroshocks.

I'm curious what you think of the recoil accuracy, when throwing follow up shots out pretty quick? It takes a purposeful concentration to control that muzzle I'll tell ya. In fact, you should do a comparison shoot between your 43 and 26 and then tell us what you think? You might be surprised, that even though they have the same overall dimensions, how much different the controllability is with just the small difference of thickness of grip.

I can say, night & day between my 19 and her 43. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I plan on taking both pistols the next time I go. I can tell you right now the muzzle flip is much sharper on the 43 than the 26, especially in rapid fire. I will also take my Poly Protector I need to shoot that more often. Fire some .357 mag out of it then the recoil on the Glock will feel like nothing. :smile:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Dude Ian is Canadian, you never know what may be legal in BC. :letterk1:

Thanks, Scott...that explains a lot. :001_smile

Lol'd. You might be surprised, that even though they have the same overall dimensions, how much different the controllability is with just the small difference of thickness of grip.

I can say, night & day between my 19 and her 43. :)

You got that right, buddy. My little colt snubby, even with a Tyler T-grip, acts a whole lot different than my L frame.

Ian seems to have a dry sense of humor like an old Assistant Chief of Police I used to work for.

True story:

An irate citizen walks into the Assist. Chief's office.

Citizen: "Chief, Patrolman Bull was hiding behind a big crepe myrtle when he caught me speeding and I couldn't see him. I want the ticket dropped."

Assist. Chief Barnett: "Sir, I can assure you that Patrolman Bull WAS not, and WOULD not, hide behind a crepe myrtle to run radar. He was hiding behind a hackberry tree."

"Now get the hell outta my office."

OkieStubble

I plan on taking both pistols the next time I go. I can tell you right now the muzzle flip is much sharper on the 43 than the 26, especially in rapid fire. I will also take my Poly Protector I need to shoot that more often. Fire some .357 mag out of it then the recoil on the Glock will feel like nothing. :smile:

Kinda amazing what a little grip girth is worth huh? I have shot a 26 and my 19 side by side and I know this sounds sorta crazy, but if there was any difference in recoil or accuracy at distance, I almost couldn't tell. Same exact thing between 19 and 17.

OkieStubble

Assist. Chief Barnett: "Sir, I can assure you that Patrolman Bull WAS not, and WOULD not, hide behind a crepe myrtle to run radar. He was hiding behind a hackberry tree."

"Now get the hell outta my office."

My Chief always says, 'it's gotta be true. You can't make that kind of $#!T up!" :)

Not to change the subject but ......... a buddy of mine just got a Sig 320 and told me it is great. So I went to the Sig website and I'm really intrigued. They make a mid size that accomodates 357 Sig which I'm really interested in. The pistol is described as 'modular' and can be converted from 9mm, to 357 Sig,.40, or 45acp. Depending on which of the 3 frame sizes selected. The compact only comes in 9mm, but the carry can convert to any of the calibers mentioned. I need another firearm like I need another razor ........... but you know how it is ....:001_smile
P320 | Sig Sauer

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Only B&B members can take a perfectly innocent thread and send it into the toilet. :lol:

Hey...Ian started it...the toilet sending thing. :001_smile

When are you going to post some pics. of 50 rounds at 7 yards with that nice little carry gun Scott? I haven't shot one of the Glocks with the new connectors in it, but I'd like to...or at least handle one.

Don't do it, Ian.

I've been thinking about getting a little Smith J frame to go with my Colt snubby, and was looking at the 442 no lock one online. GB has them for about $350 or so new. But I haven't even seen a new Smith in awhile. The new model 36 Smiths have the lock in it. I may have to go to another gun show and look around for a good used 36....sigh....

Top Bottom