What's new

Rum Upsell

Got to love the owner of my local liquor store. I was buying Mount gay rum a while back and he suggested Ron Abuelo 12 year. So I started buying Ron Abuelo. Today while buying my Ron Abuelo he says "oh - you have to take it up to the next level; try Kirk and Sweeney 23 year".

Ok - so is Kirk and Sweeney 23 worth $59 a bottle?

Boulevardiers and Ardbeg today
IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg
IMG_5025.jpg

Got to love the owner of my local liquor store. I was buying Mount gay rum a while back and he suggested Ron Abuelo 12 year. So I started buying Ron Abuelo. Today while buying my Ron Abuelo he says "oh - you have to take it up to the next level; try Kirk and Sweeney 23 year".

Ok - so is Kirk and Sweeney 23 worth $59 a bottle?

IMHO, no. It's a step up from the Abuelo 12, but pricey for what you get.

If you like sweet finish, Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is really nice for around 40 (Chicago area).

2 decent priced Rums I really like for sipping are Ron Zacapa 23 Solera and Santa Teresa 1796.

Ron Zacapa XO is amazing, but also runs over $100/bottle.

There's a store out of Clearwater, FL that has an online site ( B-21.com) that I've had really good luck with and their prices were very good on the Zacapa 23 and Santa Teresa)...but their search engine is horrible, so you have to look everything up by name. Good Luck!

IMHO, no. It's a step up from the Abuelo 12, but pricey for what you get.

If you like sweet finish, Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is really nice for around 40 (Chicago area).

2 decent priced Rums I really like for sipping are Ron Zacapa 23 Solera and Santa Teresa 1796.

Ron Zacapa XO is amazing, but also runs over $100/bottle.

There's a store out of Clearwater, FL that has an online site ( B-21.com) that I've had really good luck with and their prices were very good on the Zacapa 23 and Santa Teresa)...but their search engine is horrible, so you have to look everything up by name. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom