What's new

Walt and Rich 3017 the Famous @Skypsyd's Blasted Blue Willy

With the 2017 Willy challenge complete, a new and different challenge has emerged. Dave @skypsyd the Lathermaster has created a unique quest for two intrepid lather warriors to complete. Gathering his Alchemistic skills he has crafted a special soap to test their mettle and resolve for a 3017 PIF challenge for Spring. Running the month March and into April this potion will be tested and lathered until it is consumed, or until the will of one of the brave knights is broken. Further details to follow. Stay tuned...

With the amount I made for each of you, I am impressed you are going to do this. I would go completely Bonkers. Good Luck, hehehehehehehe

Oh Dear! I am sure it is for a good cause! :lol::thumbup::lol: I think I am more likely to break than Walt as I have already been weakened by the previous ordeal.. er.. experience.

To make things interesting on this pool, I shall offer a curiously aggressive F series Shick Eversharp injector razor. A pic of this pic will be posted during the quest, however you have seen this razor before. That is all for now.. Bwahahaha. Stay tuned for further details and hijynx.

I thought I would put up some draft ground rules of how this challenge will run. I will also post under separate cover a PIF that I intend to do from this challenge. The draft ground rules are as follows:

What is most important here is that we both beat the 15 shaves that Dave logged:

Blasted Blue Willie 3017 (BBW; the "Elixir") Ground Rules:

• Each day Walt and Rich will shave with the razor of their choice using unadulterated BBW soap from Alchemist Dave (@skypsyd).
  • The final shave of the "Elixir" (Consumed) can be supplemented with cream in order to achieve a suitable final shave with the "Elixir."
  • The winner of the 3017 Challenge will be the person who has the most number of consecutive shaves with the "Elixir."
  • Rich and I agreed that we would take Easter Sunday off of the 3017.
  • With the exception of Easter Sunday, the person who shaves with anything else other than the unadulterated BBW will be declared to have thrown in the towel and conceded defeat to the opponent.
  • In the event of a tie, the person with the most number of straight shaves using the "Elixir" will be declared the winner and will be used as the tie breaker.

PIF (1 brand new, in the box, puck of Williams, 1 brand new stick of Arko and I will also send along an ATT version 1 SE2 single edge razor to test drive and return when finished.

P.S. The Williams nor the Arko need be used to shave with the SE2:lol1:.

Date the First Person Bails or Finishes Soap (Either will pay)

I would suggest running it much like Alchemist Dave ran this one, each member is allowed to pick 3 dates, the closest date without going over wins the PIF. I will make a draft table of dates to kick off the PIF once the BBW arrives, and both Rich and I agree that the challenge begins.

Well the PIF table is below. Just quote the post, place your B&B user name, or first name, into the table below and post. Once a date is taken it is gone. You can pick up to 3 dates as to the date that you think the first person will bail first, or consume the BBW. Keep in mind that majorrich already had done the Williams 3017 challenge earlier in the month, and I too had been 3017 cheap soaps for about three weeks to include Arko and Williams. I ended up tossing the Williams in the trash, but I think I remember that Rich consumed his. I have included the month of March, but if both are still standing at the end of the month, we will go into April. April 16 (Easter) is off, so Rich and I may shave with whatever soap we like just for that day. We may have to allow additional dates per person, depending on the level of participation.

March 1
March 2
March 3
March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7
March 8
March 9
March 10
March 11
March 12
March 13
March 14
March 15
March 16
March 17
March 18
March 19
March 20
March 21
March 22
March 23
March 24
March 25
March 26
March 27
March 28
March 29
March 30
March 31

I thought I would put up some draft ground rules of how this challenge will run. I will also post under separate cover a PIF that I intend to do from this challenge. The draft ground rules are as follows:

What is most important here is that we both beat the 15 shaves that Dave logged:

Blasted Blue Willie 3017 (BBW; the "Elixir") Ground Rules:

• Each day Walt and Rich will shave with the razor of their choice using unadulterated BBW soap from Alchemist Dave (@skypsyd).
  • The final shave of the "Elixir" (Consumed) can be supplemented with cream in order to achieve a suitable final shave with the "Elixir."
  • The winner of the 3017 Challenge will be the person who has the most number of consecutive shaves with the "Elixir."
  • Rich and I agreed that we would take Easter Sunday off of the 3017.
  • With the exception of Easter Sunday, the person who shaves with anything else other than the unadulterated BBW will be declared to have thrown in the towel and conceded defeat to the opponent.
  • In the event of a tie, the person with the most number of straight shaves using the "Elixir" will be declared the winner and will be used as the tie breaker.
I would like to add another rule Rich:
  • A daily shave is not required, but the winner of the challenge is the person who has the most number of consecutive shaves with the BBW no matter how long it may take. If one has consumed the BBW soap before the other one has, and the first one to consume the soap has more BBW shaves under their belt, the remaining contestant can continue shaving with the BBW to see if they can beat the shave count. It might end up being a nail biter at the end.

Both Rich and I keep a Journal where we typically post our SOTD results. Formatting of these posts, at least in my case, are all over the mat depending on time. Sometimes I include pics, sometimes not. I suggest that we post here our daily results using at least this minimally required information.
BBW Shave Count:
Razor Used:
Comments on BBW Lather:
Other Save Comments (optional):
Picture (optional):

Super good Walt! I think we shall have a great time! My soap weighed in this morning at 10.3oz. Gross weight. Sounds high, but glass is pretty heavy.

Well the PIF table is below. Just quote the post, place your B&B user name, or first name, into the table below and post. Once a date is taken it is gone. You can pick up to 3 dates as to the date that you think the first person will bail first, or consume the BBW. Keep in mind that majorrich already had done the Williams 3017 challenge earlier in the month, and I too had been 3017 cheap soaps for about three weeks to include Arko and Williams. I ended up tossing the Williams in the trash, but I think I remember that Rich consumed his. I have included the month of March, but if both are still standing at the end of the month, we will go into April. April 16 (Easter) is off, so Rich and I may shave with whatever soap we like just for that day. We may have to allow additional dates per person, depending on the level of participation.

March 1
March 2
March 3
March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7
March 8
March 9
March 10
March 11
March 12
March 13
March 14
March 15
March 16
March 17
March 18
March 19
March 20: Smattayu: I expect sheer stubbornness will keep you guys going this long, but that can only take you so far.
March 21
March 22
March 23
March 24
March 25
March 26
March 27
March 28
March 29
March 30
March 31

March 1
March 2
March 3
March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7
March 8
March 9
March 10
March 11
March 12
March 13
March 14
March 15
March 16
March 17
March 18
March 19
March 20: Smattayu: I expect sheer stubbornness will keep you guys going this long, but that can only take you so far.
March 21
March 22
March 23
March 24
March 25: clyde72 - Based on @skypsyd aka Dave's usage I'm saying this will be the finish date of one of the pucks.
March 26
March 27
March 28
March 29
March 30
March 31

March 1
March 2
March 3
March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7
March 8
March 9
March 10
March 11
March 12
March 13
March 14
March 15 skypsyd: wildcard where the insanity is just too much and it becomes a shower soap
March 16
March 17
March 18
March 19
March 21
March 22
March 23
March 24
March 25: clyde72 - Based on @skypsyd aka Dave's usage I'm saying this will be the finish date of one of the pucks.
March 26
March 27
March 28 skypsyd - This is a big puck
March 29
March 30 skypsyd - This stuff will never end
March 31

You guys have a lot of faith in us. What if Rich says he has had enough on day 2? I guess that is why you all are saving some dates, just in case things are going poorly.

PIF Update... This Just In... PIF Update...This Just In...PIF Update...This Just In...PIF Update...This Just In...

Shaving is an activity not without risk. Remembering the sometimes tenuous grip we straight shavers have on the thin line of a cushion of soap, there is the possibility of injury. Therefore, The member that selects the date if/when a grievous injury takes place will win this SWEET yet curiously aggressive Shick Eversharp Injector razor series F-1. It had been intended for a beginning shaver and decided it was too mean. So you too can put your chin at risk, select your date. The decision will be at the sole discretion of the judges and will be final. Please no wagering. Injuries will be documented on this thread unless documented in a journal.
IMG_2637.JPG

Top Bottom