What's new

Newbie says Hello and Thanks

I'm new to the world of DE Wet Shaving (Jan 2017) and have found just an amazing amount of high quality info from the forums on Badger and Blade. I wanted to thank you guys and give a little feedback on my journey so far.

I started with a gift card and trip to Art of Shaving. I walked out with a Merkur 34C and a Sandalwood Shave Kit (Badger Brush, Pre-Shave Oil, Shave Soap, AfterShave Balm). While on the pricier side; for me, the opportunity to look, hold, smell and learn about wet shaving products first-hand was worth it. So far, I've been able to get a much closer shave with minimal face irritation (although Shark brand blades don't seem to agree with my face)

Since then I have added several other products that I have heard about as a direct result of lurking on B&B. Proraso Green (Eucalyptus and Menthol)-simply amazing stuff-probably my favorite so far, Razorback Classic Italian and Alum block, Ogallala Bay (Limes and Peppercorn).

Just this weekend, I've added a couple of sample packs from West Coast Shaving so I can try even more. One sample pack for shaving creams (TOBS Sandalwood, Speick, Crown, Cella, Bigelow) and one sample pack of aftershaves (Old Spice Classic, Speick, Captain's Choice Bay Rum, Fine American Blend and a couple others).

Lastly, I was able to find a Gillette Super Speed from 2nd Quarter 1973 on EBay. It may not be a classic/vintage collectible but I thought it would be cool to have a razor made the same time I was (Born April 1973).

IMG_1804.JPG

I enjoy the input and experiences provided by the community and I look forward to trying more and more of these great products. Any tips provided are always greatly appreciated.

Happy Shaving!

Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your introduction. I happen to own a '73 Superspeed, shaved with it last night. It's an awesome shaver and I'm sure you will like it. Enjoy the shaves! :thumbup1:

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Interesting board name!

Welcome (again)! You have some great samples to try. That's one of the best things about traditional shaving: there are a lot of great products from which to choose. When I read your HOF entry, I wondered if that razor was a birth year. I concur, it is simply cool to shave with a razor the same age as yourself. I did so this morning, with my C1 Red Tip. It connects us with our past, IMO. Enjoy your journey!

Welcome to B&B. As for your 73 Super Speed Flare, it qualifies as vintage and a great razor. I enjoy a couple from the 50's and feel the Flares often over looked. They give give great shaves and very affordable. :001_cool:

Love the TOBS Sandalwood!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I used my sample of TOBS sandalwood this morning and paired it with Ogalalla Bay Rum-Sandalwood aftershave. I've been enjoying it all morning. Excellent performer and Smells fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I used my sample of TOBS sandalwood this morning and paired it with Ogalalla Bay Rum-Sandalwood aftershave. I've been enjoying it all morning. Excellent performer and Smells fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice paring!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom