What's new

Stirling Syndicate

IMO, Baker St is a nice combo of gin, bug repellant and old-fashion barbershop!

strop shoppe baker street simpson feather september 18 2015.jpg

I had to look that up! Too funny.

I'm not a fanboy, but I did go through some trying times when a business I owned in the past went belly up and I had to dig out of a big debt hole. I listened to that show every day just to keep me focused. I hear that sax play that first gliss up to that high note and that's what my brain expects even though I haven't listened to that show for years.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm not a fanboy, but I did go through some trying times when a business I owned in the past went belly up and I had to dig out of a big debt hole. I listened to that show every day just to keep me focused. I hear that sax play that first gliss up to that high note and that's what my brain expects even though I haven't listened to that show for years.
It's like a Pavlovian response almost.

I can't wait until someone invents "scratch and sniff" computer monitors. Not being able to know the scent of soaps or post shave products is the one thing I don't like about online shopping. I am quite fussy about the scents I like and it is often hard to judge from a word description!

Just got a little bit of info that Brad and Mandy are hoping to launch a few seasonals next week, barring unforeseen delays, with expansions to their mutton lineup. I'm so excited about that, their mutton base is seriously amazing!!

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Ok gents, a guy at work gifted me nine Stirling soap samples. I've been passing on small sames of creams and soaps to him for awhile and I told him that Stirling usually throws in a free sample with each order and if something came with the order to keep me in mind. So he goes and buys me nine new samples. Ok, here goes the list: Baker Street, Ben Franklin, Executive Man, Gatlinburg, Mountain Man,Sandpiper,Sharp Dressed Man, and Texas On Fire. That's eight. He also bought a puck of Almond Cream for himself. That was the first Stirling he had ever tried and I purchased that for him and told him to tell me what he thought about it because I read good reviews about. Can you guys tell me anything about the soaps I mentioned?

All I can tell you is that Executive Man is excellent! You will like it :) I have a sample of Sharp Dressed Man, but I'm waiting on my puck of Executive Man to finish in order to try it (probably about 4 shaves left).

Only one I've tried in that list is Gatlinburg - love it, it's wonderful. It has jumped to my favourite ever soap, I think it's that good. I'm rubbish at describing scents, and this one is tricky anyway to describe, but it's autumnal, woody, earthy - well that's about as good as it will get from me and doesn't do it justice. I bought a sample, had 1 shave with it and bought a tub.

I have a sample puck of Sharp Dressed Man, and enjoy the scent. I admit to liking Stirling Gentleman a bit more more but they seem similar to me. I also have used Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood, Bergamot Lavender, Bay Rum, Wintergreen, Peach and Lime. All perform as well as or better than any other soap, at a very reasonable price. Bay Rum and Peach are not my favorite scents but all others are enjoyable.

Next Stirling purchase will be their sandalwood, once I finish off a few of the samples I mentioned above. These samples last a long time.

Baker Street

Fantastic cologne type scent

Ben Franklin

A scent that people either love or hate. Some say smells like root beer extract

Executive Man

A staple in my den fantastic scent

Gatlinburg

This one is also a love or hate it seems. Personally not a favorite of mine

Mountain Man

Similar to Creed Silver Water. A fantastic scent!

Sandpiper

Awesome scent I love it

Sharp Dressed Man

Another staple in my den. I prefer this over Executive Man personally.

Texas On Fire

Nope will not use!

Almond Cream

I don't like Almond scented soaps.

I will say this Stirling is awesome and a favorite of mine for sure!

I have been enjoying my Stirling soaps and aftershaves so much I have recently ventured out into their bath soaps and must say I've been quite pleased with them. So far I have tried samples of Baker Street and SDM and have full bars of Barbershop, Spice, and Bay Rum and another sample of Autumn Glory to get into. The scents are identical to the rest of the line and the seem to last a while after the shower. I will add that the jury is still out on the Sharp Dressed Man... Just not sure about it...

Scents I've used so far include Barbershop, Bay Rum, Spice, Noir, Frozen Tundra, Electric Sheep, and Black Ice.

Stirling soaps I have used are:

Black Ice
Electric Sheep
Barbershop
Almond Crème
Stirling Spice
Gatlinburg

I have others that I have not yet broken into but am really looking forward to. I absolutely love Rod & Mandy's stuff!!

Has anyone here tried Glacial MITA? I think I really want to get a jar of this when it becomes available again, but I'm curious about the scent. Does the extra menthol overcome that lovely MITA scent?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom