What's new

Traveling Ink Box (US) Part II

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Lol! I guess it has been a long time coming. So, the anticipation is probably very high. I'm just about to leave work here. I'll start unwrapping the bottles in about an hour and a half to two hours. I'll take some shots of the stuff and post before I do an official inventory.

8 people all tapping their feet at the same time makes quite a racket. :001_tongu

Think the boys in Customs busted into the bottles to see if the contents would explode? "Stand back fellas; this purple stuff looks like it might blow."

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Seriously, I'm not trying to tease you guys, but I have to make a phone call here shortly. So, it might be a little while before I can show the inks. These are the samples that came in the box. Plus, that medicine container has some cartridges in it. The two pens are Platinum Preppy highlighter, and a plastic Japanese brush pen. From a quick count it looks like they are 20 bottles of ink intact. I'll end up adding a few things before the box gets shipped.
img_20170222_201850780-jpg.763696

Attachments

• IMG_20170222_201850780.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It looks like we have 19 bottles intact. A private reserve bottle and a noodlers bottle could be compromised, but I'll have to take a closer look. I'll give a list of everything tomorrow. Here are the bottles.
img_20170222_205513779-jpg.763752

img_20170222_213315352-jpg.763754

Attachments

• IMG_20170222_205513779.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20170222_213315352.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
The broken stuff is a shame. It might be helpful to have some tips for avoiding breakage like that. I've gone through the earlier thread, and there were tips for packing well, but there was still breakage there too. It doesn't seem unavoidable to me, but maybe it is.

Maybe we can can learn packing lessons as we go, with tips about what works and what doesn't?

There's got to be a way to pack ink bottles and not have 10% of them show up broken.

Right?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
They might not be broken. The tops might have just come off or cracked. It's hard to tell until I get the time to prepare for any cleanup that might need to occur. The first bag that had leaked over a few of the bags looks like it was due to a couple of caps not being taped in place and the Zip-Lock bag not being fully sealed. The box has been dormant for quite some time, and much of the bubble wrap looks to be worn-down and deflated. I'll try to replace the ones that look like they might not be too protective anymore.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
This thing is ready to go! I'll post an inventory list tomorrow. A PM has been sent and we'll see how soon that this can get sent out.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sorry, about no official inventory list yet. I'm been quite busy and a bit under the weather the past few days. The box is going to go to Heckle to start things off. Even if the temp drops, he's mentioned that he has someone to intercept the package during the day. So, it looks like it'll start on the East Coast and move it's way west. I'll get it shipped in the next few days, and post the inventory list before I ship it.

Yes in deed. The misses stays at home taking care of our twins (3 years old) so she will be available to bring the box inside when it arrives. Besides, the weather forecast for this coming week is pretty warm (for New England at this time of year). Coldest day for us this week will be Friday at 39 but mostly in the 50's.

And to think, the wife just ordered me a couple of ink converters that came in last week.

:euro:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Erik, go ahead and take me off the list. I appreciate the effort, but this seems pretty moribund. Thanks.

The box is shipped and en route to it's next destination. Heckle should get it on Tuesday. I can understand if you still want me to take you off of the list though.

Well, this thread was started some five months ago, so it's good to see there's some movement. Still, you have to admit that's an awfully long time for a pass around to get going.

So I'm happy to relinquish my spot so others can enjoy. Thanks for your work and generosity is coordinating this. I hope everyone enjoys the ink samples.

Unless I missed something, the following people are still on the list.

DukeNDuke -- IL
Go West Young Man - CA
MonoTiki -- GA
FightingIllini22 -- IL
Jut --IL
kxthor -- LA

Top Bottom