What's new

Group picture.

Stirling 26mm Finest bager:
This is a big brush. The tips are soft but there is good backbone. It is very easy to face lather with. I would honestly say that I would be very happy with this brush instead of the more expensive ones that I have. Why are you still reading this? Buy it.

View attachment 719034

Just came in yesterday. I'll post some pics next to my other brushes just to give people an idea of how huge this one is. It is a Geo F Trumper CH3 in Superbadger. It is an awesome brush. Blew me away with its performance. I have a lot of soap and creams and this is the one that I can use to use them up so I can get new ones.

full

New additions: GF Trumper CH3S, Paladain Sherlock Jade, Paladin Falstaff 28mm.

Sorry for the weird picture but should have used tripod.

Top L-R, Paladin Lotus, M&F XL2 blonde, M&F XL3 finest
Bottom L-R, M&F XL1 blonde, Chubby 2 Manchurian horn, Duke 3 Manchurian horn. I went through too many brushes in my quest to find my fab 6.
IMG_0410.JPG

Very nice set of 6. How are the xl1 and the xl2 different?

Knot sizes for the XL series, 24, 28 and 30. Significant difference in the size of the XL1 and XL2 handles. XL series is similar in size to the Chubby series, tips are softer than the Manchurians. Hope I answered the Q.

My little M&F collection

Arley 26/52 mm in Blonde bulb
2xl 28/50 mm in Finest bulb
Size 1 Style 42/22 mm in Finest fan
L7 25/50 mm in Heritage 2-band bulb

Here are my babies.

IMG_0230.JPG

From left to right:

Art of Shaving travel brush in Pure Badger
Edwin Jagger Best Badger in faux ivory handle
Parker King Size Pure Badger
Backyard Sawdust handle with The Golden Nib Silvertip
Backyard Sawdust handle with Envy Shave Luxury Silvertip
Omega 10066 Boar
Schone Boar
Omega Pro 49 Boar
Razorock Plissoft Bruce Handle
Razorock Plissoft Monster
Schone Synthetic
Razorock Plissoft

Here is a picture of my collection, from left to right, front and back: Chubby2, Plisson, Muhle XL STF, Jack Black, Plisson, Muhle L, Fine Stout, Whipped Dog.
Since I took this picture I have added 3 more; an Edwin Jagger STF, RazoRock Big Bruce, and a B&B 10th Anniversary.

Shave Brushes.JPG

Nice brushes. Out of the synthetics, which do you use the most? Or do you find that you rotate them.

Nice brushes. Out of the synthetics, which do you use the most? Or do you find that you rotate them.

I use the Muhle STF XL the most. But to tell you the truth there are more similarities in them than differences. I like the Muhle best mostly because it has a bigger bloom of the fibers.

Muhle_La Toja.JPG

Oh, sure. Why not. Here they are, in order of appearance in the den (left to right, front to back): Tweezerman (started it all), RazoRock Big Bruce, WSP Monarch Silvertip, Semogue 620, Ever-Ready 89 found NOS, Semogue 830, Omega Pro 49, B&B Essential Blue, Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip, Paladin PK-47 Finest, Greg Wagner-made novelty 24mm.

IMG_2830.JPG

Nice group picture! You have some lovely brushes in there. You got me inspired, so I hope you don't mind me posting my group picture of my collection.

proxy.php

1. Vie-Long 13071 - Horse
  2. Proraso Brush - Boar
  3. Semogue 820R - Boar
  4. Whipped Dog 30mm - Synthetic
  5. Frank Shaving & Victoria Sheng - Synthetic
  6. J&T Custom Whipped Dog - Boar
  7. RazoRock Plissoft - Synthetic
  8. Kent BLK8 - Silvertip Badger
  9. RazoRock Plissoft Italian Barber - Synthetic
  10. Mühle Fibre XL - Synthetic
  11. Maggard 24mm - Synthetic
  12. RazoRock Big Bruce Plissoft - Synthetic
  13. Maggard 22mm - 2-Band Finest Badger
  14. L'Occitane Plisson - Synthetic
  15. Shavemac LE 2016 - 2-Band Silvertip Badger
  16. Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger
  17. J&T - 2-Band Finest Badger

Not in the picture:

1. Edwin Jagger - Pure Badger
  2. Kruidvat - Boar
  3. De Vergulde Hand - Boar

How do the maggards 24 and big Bruce compare ?

Top Bottom