What's new

RIP Bill Paxton

Wow, that's a real shame. I thought he was terrific. I wrote to him after "Near Dark" came out and he sent me back a pic with a handwritten note. I remember him first from "Weird Science" and realized later that he had a cameo in "The Terminator". Among other roles, he was excellent in "Frailty".

Saw it on the news a little while ago. It said he was in Titanic but I cannot remember which character. I too remember him first as the big brother in Weird Science. His role as the smarmy used car salesman in True Lies was hilarious.

I am shocked and saddened by his passing. One of the greats. I remember him in Twister, A Simple Plan and so many other roles. Rest In Peace Bill Paxton.

Drat. First movie I remember seeing him in was Aliens.

My favorite movie of all time

Wow, that's a real shame. I thought he was terrific. I wrote to him after "Near Dark" came out and he sent me back a pic with a handwritten note. I remember him first from "Weird Science" and realized later that he had a cameo in "The Terminator". Among other roles, he was excellent in "Frailty".

Never seen frailty but I love the others.

RIP Bill. You will be missed.

Saw it on the news a little while ago. It said he was in Titanic but I cannot remember which character. I too remember him first as the big brother in Weird Science. His role as the smarmy used car salesman in True Lies was hilarious.

He was the key modern guy who was diving to the titanic to find the heart of the ocean necklace.

My first recollection of him was Weird Science. He was a funny dude, hilarious later on in True Lies. Sixty-one was a little older than I would of guessed.

Haha no worries. he mainly plays a part in the beginning, a snippet here and there in the middle, and then the very end right before credits roll.

Wow, read this today, and his New Series on CBS Training Day showed promise and a departure from his norms. Loved his roles in almost everything he did. I was fortunate to get his signature on a movie poster along with the rest of the Apollo 13 cast and Astronauts except for Jack Swigert. Truly a Loss. RIP

Top Bottom