What's new

First cook on the Blackstone

I unexpectedly got to run the 36 last night! See:Mess Hall Acquisitions-

On the menu was Italian sausages with all the fixin's. (sorry no pics, was cooking fast and my phone doesn't have a camera at the moment)

I got the green pepper and onion sliced along with half a pound of mushrooms. Grabbed three buns, oil, water, butter, and the sausages, then headed outside.

Got the BS fired up running about 3/4, 1/2, 1/2, 1/4 left to right. Threw my sausages on the left burner and a bit of oil went in the center. On the center I threw my peppers and onions to start cooking. The thought was that I was going to reserve the right for if stuff started happening too quickly I could easily slide things over.

Once the sausages got some color to them, I turned the heat down to 1/3 and covered them with an aluminum pan to cook the centers. About the same time I added my mushrooms. Everything finished about the same time and I slid the veggies over to the right and the sausages to the edge on the left.

I then added butter to the center and toasted my buns. Took everything off and then turned the griddle off. I then used the water in the squirt bottle and a scraper to clean everything off, wiped it down with a paper towel, sprayed PAM, wiped with a paper towel and called it a night.

They came out FANTASTIC! Very similar taste to the ball park, I think I'm in love! So easy to cook the whole meal, such good flavor, so easy to clean up!

One thing of note is that I knew it wasn't sitting perfectly level, but decided to see how it would do. Veggies wanted to run forward slightly and the grease didn't drain well, so that will have to be sorted out. I'm going to have to build something to go under the front legs to even it up.

So happy I found this thing and can't wait to do lamb smash burgers Friday and then bacon and pancakes this weekend.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's a nice looking griddle, Brian. Kinda reminds me of when I worked as a fry cook at Smak's in KC.

Looks like it turned out some great stuff. Now I want one.

Im jealous! I've been eyeing one of those for a while. After cooking on a flat top at a gig I had in college, I fell in love. I'd almost say its better than grilling out. I plan on eventually getting one to replace the grill on my screened porch.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Brian, you've got a winner. I can see some push down beef burgers, even toasted hatch chili's, hash browns, Philly cheese steaks, big ole pankakes, even stir fry. I could make a mess of corn or flour tortilla's on that dude. The sky's the limit.

Trust me I think my wife is going to be sad she gave me the ok for it, I want to cook everything on it! Tonight's menu has lamb smash burgers with bacon, mushrooms, onions, jalapeno's, and Gruyere cheese.

Tomorrow morning I think I'm doing hash browns (made from scratch) with onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, cheese, and maybe some ham, with eggs on the side.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Trust me I think my wife is going to be sad she gave me the ok for it, I want to cook everything on it! Tonight's menu has lamb smash burgers with bacon, mushrooms, onions, jalapeno's, and Gruyere cheese.

Tomorrow morning I think I'm doing hash browns (made from scratch) with onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, cheese, and maybe some ham, with eggs on the side.
Corned beef, do corned beef...get the corned beef.

A little goodness on the Blackstone this morning!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron, I wish I could ship you down some of the goodness.

We did hash browns with onions and peppers from scratch (then covered with cheese and jalapenos), bacon, pancakes, homemade whipped cream, fruit, and a little cheese skirt haha.

Top Bottom