What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

2/24/17
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

2/25/17
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Tabac Hair Cream

murrays-superior-pomade-plastic-3oz.jpg

I'm using Murray's Superior pomade today. I purchased the Murray's in the plastic container version. I like the look of the container. Like the Murray's Superior from the normal tin, the plastic container holds 3 oz. of pomade. I think the plastic container is pretty neat looking. I've been using Murray's this week because I wanted to keep my chopped hair pinned to my sides in a short and neat look. Murray's is perfect for giving that look due to the strong hold. It's a great pomade to achieve the Ivy league look to your hair.

Murray's Superior allows you to re-comb to the original shape if its messed up from sleeping on it or whatever. Murray's also adds volume to your hair, which is great for some of the gents with thinning hair. I rate Murray's as a far better product for creating volume to hair than the clay pomades I've used. The clays remind me more of weak - and EXTREMELY overpriced - wax pomades but without shine, and with a poor hold that lasts often only 3 to 6 hours. Murray's sells for $3 per 3 oz. tin. You can't beat the price, and the stuff lasts for a long, long time.

Murray's is a really versatile pomade in my opinion. You can get volume, slick your hair back or go for a high shine look by applying 3 to 5 scoops. It leaves your hair looking shiny and above all healthy. I want my hair to look healthy, alive and real.

This is great pomade to style your hair and control it. Murray's is real popular from the 1920s up until now. The stuff has a huge following with the rockabilly crowd. What I notice about Murray's when I don't use it for a while is how great the hold is. it locks in my hair to whatever style I want it to without any stray hairs. The hold is great, and my hair looks even better the next day. Murray's is probably the best pomade on the market as far as keeping stray hairs in place. It holds your hair together better than any other pomade. The only one that tops Murray's Superior in holding hair in place is Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade. The wax pomades like High Heavy and Voodoo Brew I & 2 are great too in creating styles that last. What they're not as good at is keeping the stray hair in place. I don't know why they don't do a great job on that.

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

Top Bottom