What's new

Castle Forbes Lavender!!!

I am fairly new to wet shaving but I tried Castle Forbes Lavender this morning and it has given the best shave since I started wet shaving 3 months ago. Incredible cream! Too date I have tried several TOBS, several Truefitt and Hill, several prorasos, several New York Shave Company, several St. James of London, Jack Black, Musgo and C.O. Bigelowe and the Castle Forbes has them all beat!! Wonderful stuff!!!!!

When I first started brush-and-lather wetshaving a few years ago, Castle Forbes was at the top. Fast forward to today - the pool of options is significantly bigger and I would rate Castle Forbes as "just" a solid choice now.

When I first started brush-and-lather wetshaving a few years ago, Castle Forbes was at the top. Fast forward to today - the pool of options is significantly bigger and I would rate Castle Forbes as "just" a solid choice now.

Name some you think are better. Thanks!!

I don't know if it's better but Stone Cottage is excellent in my opinion and you can get 5 samples until March 5th for $8.50. If you are looking for good creams I would urge you to try them out.

CF Lavendar is hands down my favorite cream. The performance is second to none and I love the lavender scent. It's strong, maybe a bit sharp, and exactly what I like my lavender to smell like. You might want to give Geo F Trumper a try, it's another great one. I especially like their coconut oil & their eucalyptus. I'm primarily a soap guy, but these two creams will always be part of my shaving routine.

For some reason, I gave this cream a go and the shave was just ok, it didn't feel anywhere as slick as I'd like lather to be. I need to play with it a bit more, but I think I am just very much in love with Stirling and Mike's soaps is what it comes down to.

For some reason, I gave this cream a go and the shave was just ok, it didn't feel anywhere as slick as I'd like lather to be. I need to play with it a bit more, but I think I am just very much in love with Stirling and Mike's soaps is what it comes down to.

I used a Merkur 34C safety razor and a Feather Blade. Only needed two passes and it was my best shave yet. I haven't tried any Stirling stuff but I do have some of their after splashes ordered that I am excited about.

CF Lavendar is hands down my favorite cream. The performance is second to none and I love the lavender scent. It's strong, maybe a bit sharp, and exactly what I like my lavender to smell like. You might want to give Geo F Trumper a try, it's another great one. I especially like their coconut oil & their eucalyptus. I'm primarily a soap guy, but these two creams will always be part of my shaving routine.

Thanks for the tidbit!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I shaved with CF lavender this morning - good stuff indeed! Hey 2cgr86, it's very thirsty, you can do a full 'Marco' on a pea-sized amount and not have too much water. If it isn't slick enough, use about 2x the water. It will truly amaze you how much water it will take.

Cheers, Steve

I shaved with CF lavender this morning - good stuff indeed! Hey 2cgr86, it's very thirsty, you can do a full 'Marco' on a pea-sized amount and not have too much water. If it isn't slick enough, use about 2x the water. It will truly amaze you how much water it will take.

Cheers, Steve
I didn't load it up enough because the lather starting getting too thin when I added more water. I need to play around with it.

Just ordered the Castle Forbes Lime. I can't wait to try it. Looks like it has the same ingredients as the Lavender but instead of the Lavender Oil it has the Lime Oil.

castle forbes lime rudy vey feather taylor of old bond street may 25 2016.jpg
castle forbes lavender nov 1 2013-4648s.jpg

All of Andy's Castle Forbes creams are top-notch!

If you like the scent of CF Lavender be sure to try Mikes Naturals Hungarian Lavender. To my nose they are identical and the performance of Mike's trumps CF and has a better post shave feel. CF is no slouch though.

Top Bottom