What's new

Looking to expand, suggestions welcomed

Hello all. I am somewhat recently divorced, no sorry's please it's a good thing, and am back in the dating world. I am asking for some suggestions on colonges. My problem is I'm not terribly knowledgeable about scents so what is "in there" of what I do like makes it a bit difficult and expensive to order blindly. I've read a lot about Acqua di Parma, and eau Sauvage, Czech & Speake scents but can't find samples. Thank you in advance for your help.

Here's a list, albeit short, of what I like. Acqua di Gio, Farenheit, Drakkar, Karl Lagerfield.

Since it's a short list I'll include some shaving scents I like, I have no idea if it wll help. B&M Night Music, Cologne Russe, Adagio. Stirling's Executive Man, Haslinger's version of Sandalwood. Those are the ones I think may somewhat translate to a cologne.

Stirling EM= Creed Aventus,pricey but worth it.On a budget I can recommend Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man,real close to Aventus at a fraction of the price
Another favorite of mine is Terre d'Hermes
If you like Aqua di Gio I think you may like Dolce&Gabbana Light blue as well

Thanks for the input. Are there web sites that are reputable to get samples? I dont mind buying samples if they are legit but I have found some sources water things down and you don't get a true scent.

Creed Aventus is worth it but, it doesn't have to be pricey if go in on a split. This is where I go to get my splits.
Fragrance Splits Board

They have strict rules on who can host a split so no need to worry if they are fake.

"Can I host a split?

Members who meet Marketplace requirements (have made over 500 posts - or - been a member for a year - or - are a Basenotes Plus member) and have no negative feedback are eligible to host a split."
Rules for Split Forum (Updated 1st Nov)

Kouros, and be easy on it. Women really like it. It's very powerful. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Azzaro PH. Use more of this one. Spray one on front of tshirt. Classic lady killer.

Paco Rabanne PH. Clean soapy smell. Great daytime all year. Hard to put too much on here too.

All relatively affordable.

I find Canoe to be a good, multi-purpose cologne. It won't break the bank, and pairs well with most any AS in the barbershop family of scents.

Thanks for the input. Are there web sites that are reputable to get samples? I dont mind buying samples if they are legit but I have found some sources water things down and you don't get a true scent.

As far as sample sites go, I have been pleased with luckyscent.com, decantshop.com, and parfumsraffy.com. I would also recommend sampling as much as possible anytime you are near a Sephora, Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. Once you have found a few, check out discount retailers like fragrancenet and fragrancex to save a bunch of money off of retail.

Some may disagree with me, but age here is important. TBH, unless you are nearing 40 or above, some of these suggestions are just a bit mature. Trying to find a nice way to put it, but if you are in a younger age bracket and dating, find more youthful scents unless you want to remind her of her father/grandfather. OTOH, if that is your age group, then nothing wrong with going with some of those scents.

Younger, but not too young: Bleu de Chanel. Guerlain l'Homme. Prada Luna Rossa Extreme. Lanvin Avant Garde. Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale if you like that Aqua di Gio vibe.

I should mention, Creed Aventus definitely gets me attention and compliments. But only from those 50+. Anyone younger either doesn't care for it or has no opinion.

any females that i come in contact with comment on my Pinaud Clubman, Special Reserve and Musk. not very expensive on line.

there's always a plan B.

Top Bottom