What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Yesterday I saw a marathon of best picture nominees at a theater. Moonlight, Lion, Hacksaw Ridge, Arrival, and Hidden Figures. Right now I am watching on pay per view Manchester by the Sea. (Finding it very hard to watch. So intense.)

Marathon is a highly recommended experience, by the way. My first. All movies were at least very good. Based on the films I saw this year, Moonlight is probably the "best" film of the year. Not my favorite, but to me it is what film should be all about. My favorite and the one that "should" win I would say is Hidden Figures, somewhat to my surprise, despite some historical accuracy issues. However, I think La La Land will win, and I am fine with that.

Manchester by the Sea.
The bar I had my first legal beer at was on Affleck's T-shirt and the alma mater got a mention. Held my attention. Didn't notice the running time...

12 Angry Men, 1957. Courtroom drama starring Henry Fonda. Great cast that includes every character that you can think of from the 1950's-1960's.

Great movie

Cast for 12 Angry Men – In addition to Fonda, look at this cast. Guys that we have all seen in scores of movies, TV shows, and commercials:

Martin Balsam
John Fiedler (always plays a Casper Milktoast character)
Lee J. Cobb
E.G. Marshall
Jack Klugman
Jack Warden
Ed Begley
Robert Webber
Edward Binns
Joseph Sweeney
George Voskovec

Top Bottom