What's new

Decent score!

went antiquing today and arrived at the last flea market left to shop....and scored pretty nice today. Got a fat boy and slim out of it!!!

I paid 6 bucks each for the black beauty, fat boy, slim, and super speed...tech and black handle flare tip..11 bucks for the pair

the fat boy was the worst. Lower end of "usable". Not bent or beaten up but very neglected. Needs a good "once over" but will still shave.

Oh wow. And I thought what I picked up today was good - 40's SuperSpeed black tip, in original plastic box, with original 'how to use' paperwork, for $20. (not the original blade bank, unfortunately)

Oh wow. And I thought what I picked up today was good - 40's SuperSpeed black tip, in original plastic box, with original 'how to use' paperwork, for $20. (not the original blade bank, unfortunately)
Sounds like a good score to me....you coulda spent $20 on a cartridge set!!! But then you couldn't call it a score

Compared to yours, I still don't think I can call it a score :) It's weird, though. It had six open English Wilkies, one open blue blade, a refolded Wilkie wrapper (no blade in it), and the wilkie box that says "Only one blade left now" on a cardboard insert - with one blade still under that. (and a code on the cardboard - I'll post that in the blade forum to see if anyone knows how to read it). One blade jammed in the razor (why do the sellers do that?) and the others were actually folded into the instructions!. *boggle*

This one is a very good shape (no brassing, even on the aluminum :p ) 1951, 4th Quarter. Using my special mix of surfactant and detergent, the garbage is just dropping right off of it.

Should I do a full high resolution scan of the front and back of the instructions for the Wiki here? Or anyone else that wants it?

Top Bottom