What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

5/8 Robert Klaas
SOTD2-25-17.jpg

Kropp full hollow "made and ground in Sheffield". Finished on a surgical black Arkansas that is one of the best edges I've got in the rotation right now.

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
MK #31

What a great Shaver:001_smile

YES, they are! Sold my last one to a very nice Gent recently.

Kropp full hollow "made and ground in Sheffield". Finished on a surgical black Arkansas that is one of the best edges I've got in the rotation right now.

The KROPP is highly regarded and always seems to command attention and $ at auction. I think the "locals" really respect the marque. Yours is a BEAUTY....but you know I like the greater majority of your selections.

Wacker Chevalier 6/8.
Lesson learned today: If the general opinion is that something is really good, and you yourself find it to be subpar, it's your opinion that matters. I find Martin De Candre shaving soap to be very easy to lather, but I've never shaved with a soap that dries the skin in the same way, it also has a tendency tö dissipate in the third pass. In short I find MdC to be a mediocre soap at best and I've given it a lot of chances to prove me wrong.
The Chevalier on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be without.

2015-04-28 18.11.10.jpg

After years of hearing AoS, "wasn't worth the money," I don't want to use anything but their cream. Just took everything else from the counter and put it all in the vanity, including an MdC sample.

Wacker Chevalier 6/8.
Lesson learned today: If the general opinion is that something is really good, and you yourself find it to be subpar, it's your opinion that matters. I find Martin De Candre shaving soap to be very easy to lather, but I've never shaved with a soap that dries the skin in the same way, it also has a tendency tö dissipate in the third pass. In short I find MdC to be a mediocre soap at best and I've given it a lot of chances to prove me wrong.
The Chevalier on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be without.

View attachment 764529
I hated Arko, now it's my go to. Hated ToOBS. Still not crazy about sandlewood but like the soap. Same with DR Harris Arlington. Chevalier is one I very much hope to own one day. Beautiful razors!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hated Arko, now it's my go to. Hated ToOBS. Still not crazy about sandlewood but like the soap. Same with DR Harris Arlington. Chevalier is one I very much hope to own one day. Beautiful razors!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They are good shavers too. I can strongly recommend the Chevalier, but remember even though the blade is 6/8 wide is very short.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk

They are good shavers too. I can strongly recommend the Chevalier, but remember even though the blade is 6/8 wide is very short.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk

My Wacker Chevalier feel extremely well balanced in my hand and the blade length and design is for me superb as it provides me with the ability to manuver the edge very easily and it always gives a great shave.

Top Bottom