What's new

Nib Acquisitions: February 2017

That's really beautiful, John. I think your wife is gonna love it!

Congrats on a super pen. What size is one of those?
I should have it in hand tomorrow night. I'll ink it up for a test write and take a picture next to 160 and M200 for reference for you.

From Edison:
Weight w/ Cap 18g
Weight w/o Cap 12g
Cap Diameter .515″
Body Diamater .515″
Length Capped 5 3/16″
Length Uncapped 4 3/4″

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Cool pen, John! If she's into fountain pens, I have a feeling that your wife will love it. I know that I've certainly enjoyed mine.

Next to an M200:
img_20170226_190728081-jpg.764733

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_190728081.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It's a smaller pen, but it has plenty of length when posted. The only critique that I have of it is a comparison for the Pearlette's #5 Edison nib to their pens with #6 nibs. I prefer the #6 nibs on my Beaumont. I have a broad and a fine nib for my Beaumont, and a 1.4mm stub and a medium nib for the Pearlette.

img_20170226_190809817-jpg.764742

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_190809817.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 56
It's a smaller pen, but it has plenty of length when posted. The only critique that I have of it is a comparison for the Pearlette's #5 Edison nib to their pens with #6 nibs. I prefer the #6 nibs on my Beaumont. I have a broad and a fine nib for my Beaumont, and a 1.4mm stub and a medium nib for the Pearlette.

img_20170226_190809817-jpg.764742
She has a twsbi mini 1.1 and a Kaweco Sport M to compare it to... :-D The fine should be good for her. I hope.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I think that you have a perfect pen to compliment her others. I have a Kaweco Sport (M), and I think that you did good. Even if she's not crazy about the nib, the nib/feed units screw and unscrew from the section. I'm pretty sure that the replacements are around $25-30 for steel nibs and $125-150 for gold.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Just in under the wire the Platinum Izumo Togi Yakumonuri that is the lower pen in this picture.

proxy.php

She loves it.
I like it too.
A few more pipes and pairs of shoes and I may look into one of my own.
It writes amazingly well and puts my nicest pens through their paces.
IMG_20170227_143259.jpg

She loves it.
I like it too.
A few more pipes and pairs of shoes and I may look into one of my own.
It writes amazingly well and puts my nicest pens through their paces.

Beautiful pen! I've always loved the acrylic patterns of various Edison pens but have been put off by $150+ for a steel nib. I know it's only a matter of time until one of the Goulet/Edison limited editions really speaks to me and I end up with one though...

Beautiful pen! I've always loved the acrylic patterns of various Edison pens but have been put off by $150+ for a steel nib. I know it's only a matter of time until one of the Goulet/Edison limited editions really speaks to me and I end up with one though...
If I didn't know it was a steel nib I wouldn't guessed steel by how it writes.

Top Bottom