What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day!

Good to know my mine is processing for 5 days. I hope they send me an email today because I wonder if it is in process. Did anybody notice that you were supposed to get a free bag of coffee with a Peterson pipe purchase but they couldn't offer it because of regulations but they sent a free bag of coffee with any order instead?
Yeah, the coffee thing had me scratching my head...

Yeah, the coffee thing had me scratching my head...
I wonder how many of us that qualified for the free coffee will actually get it since I'm sure they ran out early on. I'm not sure the website was updating inventory correctly, then this whole packing/shipping nightmare they are in. I'm not even sure they are packing/processing in the same order as they received them. I didn't have anything critical on the list, just more for the cellar, so eh, patience isn't a big deal on it for me.

I wonder how many of us that qualified for the free coffee will actually get it since I'm sure they ran out early on. I'm not sure the website was updating inventory correctly, then this whole packing/shipping nightmare they are in. I'm not even sure they are packing/processing in the same order as they received them. I didn't have anything critical on the list, just more for the cellar, so eh, patience isn't a big deal on it for me.
I think it was also only the first 500 orders, if they can even track that...

... I'm not sure the website was updating inventory correctly, then this whole packing/shipping nightmare they are in.
Highly doubtful. Hard to show meaningful inventory levels for items when you are taking lots of orders that are sending confirmations to customers, but are not holding or reserving inventory. Proven out by confirmations showing no backorder quantities but orders currently showing items backordered.

I'm not even sure they are packing/processing in the same order as they received them.
Only people in P&C know how they are processing the backlog. FIFO, customer ABC ranking, other.

Rigorous testing and verification are your friends in a big IT go-live, especially with customer-facing systems. Lifeblood.

The most beautiful three words in the English language:

"OUT FOR DELIVERY"

:jump:
I got faked out today. I came back and found a "We missed you slip." Only thing I could remember ordering was my P&C order (and a Goulet Order that was in the mailbox), but thought it was weird since I've never had to sign for a P&C order before.

I checked the USPS tracking info and... Utah. I have no clue what I ordered from Utah; let alone something that I'd have to sign for. I'm waiting for it to be a package that my dad accidentally had shipped to my place. :lol:

Aaaaand 1 of 4 items just went from in stock to back ordered. Wonder how many more the status will change for, before a shipment is made.

Just in case anyone one was worried I got an email from p&c saying they loved me and my order is in process. Thank god, wwhhhhuuu, that was a close one.

I have yet to get anything from them, however, I did get an add from them today, promoting one of the items I ordered on IPSD, that is out of stock and back ordered. Thought that was kind of odd.

Woo hoo! C'mon 3:30!! I can't pick it up until the mail room opens!

upload_2017-2-27_13-18-27.png

Top Bottom