What's new

Watches - Your all time best one.

Ah, so that is the watch that inspired the Invicta homage (sounds much nicer than blatant rip off) that is currently on my wrist (sorry, I can't afford Rolex's right now). Note- my bezel position may drive OCD people crazy. At work, once a sim has been down for one hour we have to send out a sim down email. So, when I receive a call, the first thing I do is set the watch. I never return it to zero. It is so much easier than having to remember what time they called, or to set a stop watch.

I do something similar with my watches that have rotating bezels.. For lunch and breaks. left at 10:33? no problem - 0 goes to 33.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do something similar with my watches that have rotating bezels.. For lunch and breaks. left at 10:33? no problem - 0 goes to 33.
Definitely. My break time is pretty fungible- some times I get one, most of the time I don't. But when I come in for meetings or training, and the tell us to take 10, it comes in handy. Just one quick glance and you know where you stand.

I Sold it, bought a Omega Seamaster Pro, which I wore to death. Literally. Had a cycling accident and messed it up badly, and it still sits unfixed in a box, due to the Aussie quote for repair.

I killed my invicta mountain biking, no crash, just the shock of riding off-road did it in. No where near the expense of an omega, of course.
I wear a Swatch when trail riding now.

OP, with unlimited funds can I buy a nicer house, car, and wife:laugh: first?

Im aksin cuz it won't look so cool If I'm hanging out my 11 year old camry with a 60k watch on, ya feel me:blush:

My new favorite, Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition.

$Carl Brasher.JPG

This is the one I wear most.

It has a good heft, the dial is extremely easy to read and I don't have to worry about jumping in the pool or ocean with it. Quartz watches keep better time, but as an engineer I enjoy the idea of all of the gears, levers and springs on my wrist.
I am fortunate enough to have a wife of 26 years that gave me this model (116613) as a retirement gift last year. Your description is perfect.

Last edited:
My all time best watch (10+ years). Regional brand but very high quality. Most accurate watch I've ever owned.

2a.jpg 5.jpg

Rolex Submariner. Built like a tank. Mine hasn't left my wrist since buying it in 1994, and even with all the abuse and salt water it's seen, it still looks brand new.

I will always have a soft spot for my long-serving Seiko Black Monster but unfortunately it was killed in a 6 foot drop onto a marble floor and the movement was destroyed. We went through a hell of a lot together.

proxy.php

It does live on though. I use the Monster's excellent bracelet on my current favorite - my Seiko Pepsi Solar chrono diver.

proxy.php

I will always have a soft spot for my long-serving Seiko Black Monster but unfortunately it was killed in a 6 foot drop onto a marble floor and the movement was destroyed. We went through a hell of a lot together.

proxy.php

It does live on though. I use the Monster's excellent bracelet on my current favorite - my Seiko Pepsi Solar chrono diver.

proxy.php

I love the Monsters, I have an orange one (seconf gen).
Why don't you buy another movement?
NH36 (4R36 equivalent) is easy to find and pretty cheap, you can give a heart transplant to your watch.

I love the Monsters, I have an orange one (seconf gen).
Why don't you buy another movement?
NH36 (4R36 equivalent) is easy to find and pretty cheap, you can give a heart transplant to your watch.

I kept it in case I get around to it. I'm getting used to the additional splash of color on the Solar Chrono Diver.

Rolex Submariner. Built like a tank. Mine hasn't left my wrist since buying it in 1994, and even with all the abuse and salt water it's seen, it still looks brand new.

+1 and then some - My Sub is now almost 10 yrs and every time I see my brother he thinks I have a new watch, it still looks brand new. And it swims regularly both in the ocean and in the local chlorine infested pool!

Top Bottom