What's new

Gillette announces price cut

Gillette just reduced the price of its razors by, on average, 20% in response to competition.

Gillette is cutting the price of its razors by up to 20%

This probably doesn't impact owners of SE or DE razors, but if you still use a cartridge - your prices are going down...a bit.

If you use something like the Dollar Shaving Club, you're probably grinning right now. (If you already use a DE razor, you've been grinning all along.)

I'm sure that Gillette will find some way to recoup all of that money. After all, nobody has a 12-blade cartridge with an automatic transmission yet.

I'm sure that Gillette will find some way to recoup all of that money. After all, nobody has a 12-blade cartridge with an automatic transmission yet.
Only 12 with an automatic transmission? That sir is a little modest. Fully Automatic 20 blade razor you wont even have to hold the razor anymore it just does everything for you. Lets face it one blade just isn't enough anymore.

Ah, but everyone knows that if you have an automatic transmission, you don't get more than 10 blades. Remember, manual/standard transmissions always have more gears, and after you've tried to shave with 10 blades, you'll think you were ground between them.

It makes me wonder just how many people are getting fed up with the ever changing new offerings by Gillette and the cost increase that always goes with it. I'll stick with the old school double edge razors thank you very much!

What's truly astonishing is that if you have a good product, and keep the quality up, people will continue to buy it year after year. Gillette did it for the original Safety Razor (ball end), and then the NEW, and even the Techs. Nowadays, people -still- buy Kellogg's Corn Flakes, and they don't even advertise anymore. Obviously the shareholders in some companies are satisfied with a continuous steady profit, rather than profit maximization at the expense of satisfied customers. You'd think that companies like Gillette would remember that - but they don't.

Me? If I had a company with a product that consistently produced a 200% net profit, year after year, I'd stick with it. Especially if that product could be spun as "earth friendly" like safety razors (DE and SE). "All materials biodegradable or recyclable!" (Steel/cardboard/wooden boxes, steel blades, all metal razors, waxed paper wrappers, cardboard 'tucks', glass bottles with a deposit) Need extra sales during a slow period? Promotional items, commemorative, limited edition, different plating - nothing requiring any real changes to the production line.

*shrug*

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Today my shave was with an Edwin Jagger DE89L loaded with a Feather blade, and Cyril Salter Wild Irish Rose shaving cream whipped up with a badger brush in my Captain's Choice shaving bowl (great product). Gillette can't give me their junk.

They could give their stuff away for free and I still wouldn't go back to cartridge shaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so temptation struck today and I looked at the Fusion offerings at WallyWorld. Temptation died when I noticed it didn't come with a spare cartridge. The interesting thing was the Proglide cartridges were less than the regular Fusion.

So . . . they've shaved their prices?
proxy.php

Ah, but everyone knows that if you have an automatic transmission, you don't get more than 10 blades. Remember, manual/standard transmissions always have more gears, and after you've tried to shave with 10 blades, you'll think you were ground between them.
I'm just waiting for them to make the optional sidecar standard.

Top Bottom