What's new

Stone Cottage sample pack

I ordered more samples two days ago. I got vanilla and Vetiver, bay lime cedar noir
and Frankincense Fog.

I also got hesperide again to complete the deal since I liked that one so much. It was a real toss up between that and almond flower but I have more almond flower left.

@joeyboy - post when you know what you think of the bay lime. I thought it might have gotten more love on this thread. It is really good stuff, I may use it tonight. I'm almost out and have been using it sparingly.

@joeyboy - post when you know what you think of the bay lime. I thought it might have gotten more love on this thread. It is really good stuff, I may use it tonight. I'm almost out and have been using it sparingly.
That's why I have more almond flower than hesperide. I REALLY love almond flower and have been using it sparingly and at the minimum amount needed.

I got my second sample pack yesterday so this morning I used Hesperide. It's performance was excellent like the previous Stone Cottage creams I tried. The scent was very pleasant but it didn't grab me the way Vanilla and Vetiver and Suede de Kashmir did but that is just my preference in scents. I could still use the Hesperide every day and it wouldn't bother me in the least. I think I will try the Spiced Myrrh tomorrow.
I have been using a variety of razors while I have been using these creams and I have had close comfortable shaves with all of them. I have used the Shone OC, Merkur Progress on 5, Micromatic Clog Proof, and the RR Black Hawk with a AC Pro blade.

I took a break this weekend as I usually do from shaving to let my face rest a bit. So I will pick it back up tonight. I'm not sure what to try this time. I have coconut holiday, cedre noir, vetiver and vanilla, and suede de Kashmir left. Oh the options!!

I took a break this weekend as I usually do from shaving to let my face rest a bit. So I will pick it back up tonight. I'm not sure what to try this time. I have coconut holiday, cedre noir, vetiver and vanilla, and suede de Kashmir left. Oh the options!!
So far my 2 favorites are the Vanilla and Veviter and the Suede de Kashmir.

After reading all of your glowing reviews I just had to order a set of samples.

First Scent: Almond Flower
Second Scent: Frankincense Fog
Third Scent: Cedre Noire
Fourth Scent: Hespéride
Fifth Scent: Suède de Kashmir

I can't wait to try vanilla and Vetiver.

Watch out for that hesperide. It will sneak up and before you know it you can't put that one down.

After reading all of your glowing reviews I just had to order a set of samples.

First Scent: Almond Flower
Second Scent: Frankincense Fog
Third Scent: Cedre Noire
Fourth Scent: Hespéride
Fifth Scent: Suède de Kashmir
Let us know how you like them.

Just tried the suède de Kashmir! I really enjoyed this one! Has a slight cinnamon smell but not overpowering. I did have a slight problem lathering this up. I always put a little dollop into the brush when it comes to creams but this one was a little bit harder than normal and it took me a while to get it break apart in my brush and lather up if that makes any sense. Overall, this cream was very nice and I will be using this a lot more in the future!

Just tried the suède de Kashmir! I really enjoyed this one! Has a slight cinnamon smell but not overpowering. I did have a slight problem lathering this up. I always put a little dollop into the brush when it comes to creams but this one was a little bit harder than normal and it took me a while to get it break apart in my brush and lather up if that makes any sense. Overall, this cream was very nice and I will be using this a lot more in the future!
I find these creams take less product and more water than other creams I have used. I had the same problem until I added more water from the start.

Ahh! I will try that then! The lavender one was pretty soft and worked quite well. The Kashmir was the first one I had that problem with (although, I wouldn't really call it a problem). I will definitely try more water and less product tomorrow! I think coconut holiday is tomorrow's shave cream!

Ahh! I will try that then! The lavender one was pretty soft and worked quite well. The Kashmir was the first one I had that problem with (although, I wouldn't really call it a problem). I will definitely try more water and less product tomorrow! I think coconut holiday is tomorrow's shave cream!

Good luck,let us know how it goes.

This morning I used the Spiced Myrrh with the RR Black Hawk with a Feather AC Pro blade and my RR Plissoft synthetic brush. I for got how much water that brush holds so for the first time the lather was a little thin. I went ahead and used it anyway and I was not disappointed. This cream has a very nice scent and performs as well as the others which is excellent. One thing I am really noticing about these creams is the residual slickness. Even today with the thinner lather every time I wet my hand and rubbed my face after a pass it was very slick and if there was any hint of lather left it would make more lather. Tomorrow I'm going to try the Spiced Bay but I'm starting to think you cant go wrong with any of the Stone Cottage creams. Enjoy your shaves. :001_smile

Well tonight I gave the ole Vetiver and Vanilla a whirl. I was not disappointed! This one produced an amazing lather and provided plenty of slickness and glide. I did like the scent of this one. A subtle vanilla with a little bit of a lingering scent afterwards but not much. I have definitely taken a liking to stone Cottage's creams and I just saw a post about there soaps on their vendor page. Hopefully they have samples of those as well!

Top Bottom