What's new

Fake Gillette Silver Blue

I doubt they were counterfeit but when I tried GSB blades from my sample pack, they didn't work out for me at all. I was surprised considering that this blade is so highly praised. In almost other cases, I found that the blades lived up to the hype or even exceeded them, such as with the Polsilver, Feather, and Kai.

Even with the pictures in this thread, I doubt that I'd be able to identify a counterfeit GSB. All I know is that the ones I used were rough and painful.

obviously it can't be the highest market value, because then, GSB really isn't the most expensive. Feather, kai, med preps should be the usual suspeects, but I have not seen fakes of those 3 nor heard of them

Might have something to do with the packaging, it would be much more difficult to reproduce feathers plastic tucks, I'm not sure how kai is packaged as for med preps we might have a worry there.

Let us know how they are. Good to know if they are OK.
Maybe an idea when buying a Quantity of those brand, ask for a photo of the blade.

I have visit your link and compared the photos they show on their ebay website. So scanned my package and see the different, see photo

packing GSB-packing.jpg

I made a PDF with text and included Blade and Packing in one photo, so maybe more easy to see the different between "most likely counterfeit" and "real" Gillette Silver Blue.

Attachments

• GSB-tekst.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
  • counterfeit GSB???.jpg
    counterfeit GSB???.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 70
I have bought some Gillette Silver Blue on ebay: They are horrible, so I made a photo and compared the blade with several photo's form Gillette Silver Blue found on the internet. Most likey I bought counterfeit: see included photo:

- Logo is not right. / see the E
- The letters in Stainless. / see the S - T - L - E
- Silver Blue. / see the B

Just compare them... they are different.View attachment 764121

You are right , there is a difference. I checked mine and they are like the 'real' one in your pics. I guess you have to toss them now. Complain to whoever there is to respond or do anything.

Can you post a link of the product you bought….no need to write anything else in case its against the rules….would like to see what's going on.

Can you post a link of the product you bought….no need to write anything else in case its against the rules….would like to see what's going on.

I have send a message to the seller on Ebay, They offer me a refund. I have send a new message with my findings to the seller. I am waiting for a response. Also I have send an email to Ebay. I will not post more about the issue.

I wonder if this one is real:
Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Razor Refill Blades, 100 ct, 1 Ea

• Home /
  • Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Razor Refill Blades, 100 ct, 1 Ea

SKU: 7393560010170-20
See other Gillette products
See other Gillette Double Edge products

Email to a Friend

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $17.99

Special Price: $13.99

proxy.php
With this product, you earn 1 loyalty point(s). 1 points = $0.01.

Qty:

I wonder if this one is real:

• Home /
  • Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Razor Refill Blades, 100 ct, 1 Ea

SKU: 7393560010170-20
See other Gillette products
See other Gillette Double Edge products

Email to a Friend

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $17.99

Special Price: $13.99

proxy.php
With this product, you earn 1 loyalty point(s). 1 points = $0.01.

Qty:

Hi rff000,
The photographs used, seems like grabbed from the internet. One of the photographs shows a package GSB in another color blue. The other photographs shows a much darker package. So maybe ask for some real photos and ask if they have a refund policy. Maybe here at the forum someone knows a good store to buy GSB.

I ordered some and I'll just find out for myself if they work. The photos don't necessarily mean that their product is a fake. I ordered some other items from that same site and they were OK. A few weeks ago they had a temporary sale on cartridges for 6 cents each, which usually cost 60 cents each. I ordered 50 for $3 and they are normal. So, I have some confidence in the site.

Hmmm I’ve also been eyeing these GSBs at great prices from the Lithuanian seller. Please report your findings...

So it appears from the register R on the box that I have counterfeits?

I actually hope so because I always wondered why these blades suck so bad when there is so much love for them on this forum.

IMG_8303.JPG

Top Bottom